Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Brake Question

Old 05-10-2012, 10:37 AM
Default Brake Question

Hi,

Quick Brake question.

I have a 1996 T&C and am going to do the rear brakes (shoes and cylinders). Got the shoes and cylinders at Advance Auto and as I made my cursary inspection of the parts before leaving the store I noticed that the pad material on the 4 brake shoes were all the same length.

On the Ford and GM's that I have done in the past, the leading shoe was always shorter than the trailing shoe. Never really know why, but that was the way it was.

I had the clerk pull a different (priced) set of shoes for the T&C just to look/see how they were packaged. They also were all the same length.

So,, Is this normal for shoes for these vehicles? I don't think it would be a big deal problem either way,

Just wondering...

John

Old 05-10-2012, 03:53 PM
Super Moderator

they will be the same it wont matter which side is which because there will be a hole for the Ebrake cable to attach do one side at a time incase u need to see where a spring or clip goes.