Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

brake warning light stays on

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2016, 11:38 AM
Default brake warning light stays on

brake warning light stays on pulled the fuse to abs and put it back in and it goes out but start the engine and it come back on but if i do it with the just the ignition on but don't start the car it goes off ??????

Old 01-02-2016, 01:23 PM

HiYa rw64 - read this thread, then come back here and ask questions.

Old 01-02-2016, 04:49 PM

yes i read it done battery thing take abs fuse out put it back in do not start the engine turn ignition on take hand brake off light goes out start engine light come on in about 5 secs . why is this ???

Old 01-02-2016, 07:13 PM

It says if its not dirty phonic / tone rings on drive shafts you need to test the offending sensor. To find which sensor you need a scanner capable of reading your cars ABS or a £5 quid Lidl multimeter. The OHMS should be within close distance of each other [1000 -1500] either side of that with the IGN circuit OFF and you have a sensor problem. ZERO is open or shorted] and you can assume yo have the same sensor problem.

Old 01-03-2016, 04:47 AM

have a mate with a scanner that can read them will have to give him a call to plug it in and see what it thows up got a mutimeter what ohms setting does it need to be on but at can not test as its raining here .and go back work tomorrow

Old 02-16-2016, 10:15 AM

will still no joy with the abs tested senors all read the same ohms tested all the wiring going to abs pump all good so ordered abs pump off ebay can i test the pump when it comes by plugging it in before i take the old one off

Last edited by rw64; 02-16-2016 at 03:07 PM.
Old 02-16-2016, 12:32 PM

So did you replace the Phonic ABS rings on the drive shafts. Or clean them up to remove all the scally rust. Then the thing thats rearly mentioned which badly rusted rings causes. What is the gap between the sensor/s and the rings. Think we 're talking about 0.7mm here.

Old 02-16-2016, 04:25 PM

I prefer an old scutching hammer and worn comb as my tool of choice for getting the rings and valleys clean quick.

Old 02-20-2016, 02:19 AM
tfb

Originally Posted by QinteQ
I prefer an old scutching hammer and worn comb as my tool of choice for getting the rings and valleys clean quick.
hmmm...good idea, never thought of using a scutching hammer

Richard

Old 02-20-2016, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by rw64
yes i read it done battery thing take abs fuse out put it back in do not start the engine turn ignition on take hand brake off light goes out start engine light come on in about 5 secs . why is this ???
Hi RW, is it the ABS light you've got lit? Or the handbrake warning light?

It's just when you mention taking the handbrake off puts the light out before starting the engine.

If it's the handbrake light, I'm thinking there's a sensor at the brake pedal or handbrake that can cause it. Sure I read about it a while back.

Quick Reply: brake warning light stays on