Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Chrysler Voyager 2.5 diesel weird starting problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 02:15 PM
Default Chrysler Voyager 2.5 diesel weird starting problem

Hi I wonder if anyone can help me with a weird problem I am having with my Chrysler grand voyager limited 2.5 diesel 2002 model...?

The engine will not start once it has been left over night like from cold, it just turn over and over till the battery goes flat...first off I thought glow plug or relay failed...I have tested the relay and changed the glow plugs and tested all connections showing they work and glow red at ignition as should do, so I am lost for answers...

Now for what I do to get the car to start... I put boiling water on the fuel rail and pipes and injectors area... then turn the car over which then start the car instantly as nothing wrong...the car run perfectly from then on with no loss of power or lumpiness’/misfire or any other definition of something being wrong with the engine...also for the rest of the day it will start with ease as I suppose the heat is still in the engine...there are no fault codes being registered either...

Please could anyone explain what possibly be the fault with this engine starting problem...?

Thanks Mark

Old 11-16-2009, 03:05 PM

Have never heard that before. Can't believe the water would make that much of a difference. First test I would do is the see what the fuel pressure is reading in the ECM if you fault code reader can read fuel pressure.