Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

codes on instrument cluster and other problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 03:18 PM
Default codes on instrument cluster and other problems

hey guys new member here and having some problems with my 99 town n country.

a little back ground, 1999 town n country. 85k miles.
3.8L 2wd. no diagnostic trouble codes. (I have a real scan tool, not a toy from the autoparts store)

1. I got the so called famous no start condition happening. I have no power to the instrument cluster either. all happened at the same time.

we found a used bcm and now I have power to the guages but still no starter action.

any info you guys have about this situation and what I should look into?
searching the net has a lot of people asking this question with no real postitive leads on answers. of course chrysler wants me to bring it to them. I'm sure they have a service bulletin about this problem. seeing how hundreds of people are having it.

ok my second problem....

the codes you can acess via holding down he reset and trip buttons shows me code 2, 5, 7, and 23, 55 and I know that 55 means end of codes.

what do you guys know about these codes definitions etc?

Old 03-22-2011, 05:57 PM
Super Moderator

did u get a bcm with an alarm ?

Old 03-23-2011, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH
did u get a bcm with an alarm ?
well it came from a same year town n country. so I'm assuming yes, it has the alarm system.

after playing with it some more yesterday it now starts and runs.
I have no idea exactly what we did that fixed it. but we think when we had all the relays out and let it sit for a bit, it reset the bcm or something like a GM car does. on a gm you have to turn the key on for 10 min 3times in a row to reset the alarm so it will start when you replace the pcm for the engine.

but I doubt my troubles are over. I think it might come back after I drive it a bit.

now I hear a loud screeching from the alt and it's not charging. so I don't know if it's related to something we did or it just happen to go bad at the same time as the other stuff.

isn't technology wonderful?
long gone are the good ol days when you could pop the hood and find the problem in 5 min or less.