Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Coolant Leak Rear Heater

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 08:21 AM
Default '03 t&c lxi

Same problem here. Any idea where they sell this part and part#? Shouldn't be too hard to replace and save a lot of $$$....

Thanks!

Old 11-16-2010, 08:26 AM

Same problem here. Any idea where they sell this part and part#? Shouldn't be too hard to replace and save a lot of $$$.... or maybe first run my VIN?

Thanks!

Old 11-17-2010, 06:33 AM

I bought the part from O'reilly Auto parts. Wasn't too bad of a job to do, just time consuming. Kind of difficult snaking those lines down throught the back by the firewall though. I think I paid around $90 for the part. They refer to it as a heater hose assembly.

Old 02-15-2011, 06:05 PM

I have a 2002 T&C AWD I have to replace the rear coolant lines for the second time. I was towed off the interstate and had them replaced by the dealer $614.65 - zero coverage, plus towing, hotel and car rental. Plus I had a 100,000 mile extended Chrysler warrantee. That was August of 2007. They are now leaking again. I guess I got the old stock too. I have been trying to sell it, but can't get it to stop leaking. I have had my trans replaced by the dealer - $4200. This only cost me $470 for towing and car rental, but it only lasted 14 months before leaking from all over. Again it was fixed. That was 5 or 6 months ago, and its leaking from several trans seals and gaskets. The should cover the leak because the trans they put in it 2 years ago had a 3 year warranty, but I its looking like I will have to eat the coolant lines again. Anyone looking for a deal?

Old 02-17-2011, 11:59 AM

Hi
I now drive a Grand Voyager 2.8 CRD Executive with no rear heater (thank God). The Kia Sedona I had before had to have the rear section metal heater pipes replaced under warranty at 3yrs. They also suffer cronic corrosion of the metal rear heater pipes. Some Sedona owners have scrapped the metal pipes and fitted two long rubber hoses supported at the bracket mounts, thus eliminating the problem. Maybe this could be done with the Voyager/Town&Country.
Regards
John.

Old 02-27-2011, 02:18 PM
Default is it covered ?

2002 T&C LX last 7 vin are R675000

Please let me know ASAP as my wife drives this MV with our 4 kids and it's freezing in IL > Thanks

Old 02-28-2011, 05:34 AM
Default T&C Coolant Leak - rear heater - follow up

Originally Posted by JPB108
I have a 2002 T&C AWD I have to replace the rear coolant lines for the second time. I was towed off the interstate and had them replaced by the dealer $614.65 - zero coverage, plus towing, hotel and car rental. Plus I had a 100,000 mile extended Chrysler warrantee. That was August of 2007. They are now leaking again. I guess I got the old stock too. I have been trying to sell it, but can't get it to stop leaking. I have had my trans replaced by the dealer - $4200. This only cost me $470 for towing and car rental, but it only lasted 14 months before leaking from all over. Again it was fixed. That was 5 or 6 months ago, and its leaking from several trans seals and gaskets. The should cover the leak because the trans they put in it 2 years ago had a 3 year warranty, but I its looking like I will have to eat the coolant lines again. Anyone looking for a deal?
I was able to get a return call on my emailed inquiry to Chrysler. It bounced around to three departments, but I did have someone call me. Unfortunately the dealer I had look at it a couple weeks back did not comment on the leak on the RO, so they have to find him and get his input on the corrosion. I still don't know why it wasn't covered under warranty given the design flaw, but after paying over $600 to have them replaced now the need replacement again. I also asked if they were replaced with the non corrosive version which was recommended. Anyway the woman that did call was courteous, and is at least reviewing the situation.

But Mr. Pabe's considers this whining. Mr. Pabe, do you work for Chrysler?

Old 04-17-2011, 10:23 AM
Default coolant lines problem

Hello, I just found this forum and thought you might be able to help me with a problem. the rear coolant lines have rotted through on my 2000 chrysler town and country. do you know which years are compatible on this van for this part?

Old 04-17-2011, 01:39 PM

FINALLY....SOMEONE WHO WANTS THEIR CAR FIXED, INSTEAD OF BIT*HING ABOUT WHO SHOULD PAY FOR IT

KUDOS!!! GLADLY will I help you....

Instant Thought....anything from 1996 to 2000 In a LONG WHEEL BASE Chrysler Corp Minivan...... 1995 and below is a different body style altogether, and while it is possible (I will look further into it momentarily) 2001 and up I believe use a different mounting design for the A/C, But the heater tubes can be modified slightly to make them work (Cut the quick connects off and use hose Clamps).Above 2007 is tottaly out of the question.

Now the bad news.....Likely anything that old will be in worse shape than yours, and removing them from the vehicle will likely damage them if they are at all questionable...so USED is pretty much out of the question...Not entirely Impossible, but very slim chance of finding something useable.. There are 1 or 2 AFTERMARKET companies who reproduce these, but A/C and HEater tubes are sold seperately..If I recall correctly, DORMAN makes them, and maybe a few others.

Old 04-18-2011, 03:16 AM
Default Rear heat supply lines

Originally Posted by answers*please123
Hello, I just found this forum and thought you might be able to help me with a problem. the rear coolant lines have rotted through on my 2000 chrysler town and country. do you know which years are compatible on this van for this part?

I have had a lot of luck with Rock Auto, online auto parts.
RockAuto Parts Catalog

They have it listed for $69.99. It is listed under:
2002 CHRYSLER TOWN & COUNTRY / 3.8L 230cid V6 FI (L) OHV / Heat & Air Conditioning / Heater Hose Assembly

DORMAN Part # 626301
{#5005394AF} Type: Inlet & Outlet
Includes Seals and Gaskets Needed for Installation; Heater Hose & Tube Assy; Supply & Return; w/Aux Heater

Good luck. You may find it easier to remove the wiper motor before snaking the lines through the firewall.

As it turned out in my case, the dealership was full of it. There was nothing wrong with mine and I did not have to replace it a second time. But RockAuto saved me a bundle on other parts that I have not had a problem with, like $100 climate control relays, a front axle, a turn signal switch and ignition wires. I was about to order the coolant lines, but realized that I was being lied to.

Quick Reply: Coolant Leak Rear Heater