Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Grand Voyager 2.5 CRD Help needed ASAP!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by tfb
I'd suggest giving Bosch Injectors in the Midlands : Swadlincote Diesel F.I.S. Co Ltd a call about refurbishing your injectors, I've used them before and been impressed by their service

Regards

Richard
Thanks Richard!
I have just bought 4 second hand injectors from ebay and they shipped to me allready so I should have it by friday and then will see how they are! Also just find out from kent diesel these injectors have no more warranty and if I want them to redo them again I have to pay the full price again even I have some doubt in them to done that time everything anyway, what I beleive is they just cleaned them and gave back to me that time and just made me pay for them! They said it's all went wrong because the car was parked up for nearly a year! Did ever anybody heard any crop like that???? I'm strongly thinking to take them to court and reinforc my money back ! I'm mean if that's the case then my other car was parked up for nearly a year and that car is running absolutly fine no issues what so ever! Anyway I will not recomend them to anybody ever again for sure! Anyway Thanks for all the help! I do need a bit more help! On the leak back test the 1st injector was just a tiny bit after a minute running,2nd injector was nearly a bull bottle, 3rd injector was a tiny bit, 4th injector was half a bottle! Do I thinking wright the 2nd and the 4th are gone and needs to be replaced?? Or maybe the other 2 needs to be changed since not giving back enough fuel??? Can somebody help me with that? Thanks again Frank

Old 03-04-2015, 12:38 PM

If you bought second hand injectors I would find a decent revision shop and let them clean using ultrasonic.
Cost will be like €15,- per injector (?) and you apparently can wait for it.
Just to be sure

And the people at kent Diesel seem like morons to me.. doubt if you can win a law suit against them tho..

Old 03-04-2015, 12:43 PM

feri2974
I have similar problem with smoke. I changed air filter it made absolutely zero difference. Will attempt to change fuel filter and see. As for the idea thats its maybe oil leaking into one of the cylinders, if that was the case would the oil level not go down rapidly and surely the oil light would come on. Have had the car close to 8 months and never needed to top up or put oil and oil light has never coe on. Second is there a diy way of checking if cylinder head is creaked or the gasket damaged

Thanks

P.S I too am going to try second hand injectors off ebay if all else fails. £750 for reconditioned injectors is too much for a car i use once a week though i love it dearly

Old 03-04-2015, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by darkcild101
feri2974
I have similar problem with smoke. I changed air filter it made absolutely zero difference. Will attempt to change fuel filter and see. As for the idea thats its maybe oil leaking into one of the cylinders, if that was the case would the oil level not go down rapidly and surely the oil light would come on. Have had the car close to 8 months and never needed to top up or put oil and oil light has never coe on. Second is there a diy way of checking if cylinder head is creaked or the gasket damaged

Thanks

P.S I too am going to try second hand injectors off ebay if all else fails. £750 for reconditioned injectors is too much for a car i use once a week though i love it dearly
Hi!
Well maybe too much for the injectors but I have done it for my familly so anytime we want to go anywhere with it then it shouldn't give us a problem what so ever, well at least that was the plan that's why I have done on it the pro way so make sure if we cruise with it then I ant trouble free miles, it would of happened if that place would of done a proper job on it as well! But they just tooked my money without a proper service and unfurtunetly there is nothing I can do about it now! They have lost a lot of they rep since it happened, I'm telling to every friend and every possible way not to go ther ever! Anyway we'll see with those injectors how she is gonna start, sine I will have a month warranty on those as well and end of the month we are going to Europe with it again for another 4-5 k mles trip so I still have a bit of time anyway!I just want to prepare the vehicle before we go and if ther eis any problems I wanna fix it intead of getting break down somewhere in the middle of the EU! Thats easier for me to get it fixed before anything happen, specially with my familly in it as well! Well I'll let You guys know what's going on as soon as I get the injectors into the car! Cheers for all the help

Old 03-05-2015, 01:52 AM
tfb

Originally Posted by feri2974
On the leak back test the 1st injector was just a tiny bit after a minute running,2nd injector was nearly a bull bottle, 3rd injector was a tiny bit, 4th injector was half a bottle! Do I thinking wright the 2nd and the 4th are gone and needs to be replaced?? Or maybe the other 2 needs to be changed since not giving back enough fuel??? Can somebody help me with that? Thanks again Frank
Replace 2&4

Regards
Richard