Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Help needed Loss of Power

Old 04-23-2007, 05:39 PM
Default Help needed Loss of Power

Hi, i am a new Voyager owner.

I was wondering if anybody has had a problem with lack of Power! My Voyager was in the workshop and changed Glowplugs. Before the car was in the workshop the car was fine, after picking the car up i felt a loss of power ( at 3500 rpm )! That i am not a mechanic my knowledge is limited! I have asked a few friends what the problem could be! But nobody can!
I hope somebody can help!!!

Thanks taffyd

Old 04-23-2007, 08:01 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Help needed Loss of Power

when u say glow plugs u mean spark plugs??? or do u mean glow plugs and u ahve a diesel engine?
and for that matter what plusg did they put in and what else did thay change or gap them correctly? take it abck to them and tell that what they did things like that dont just happen some things yes but not that . Another thing what kinda van 3.8?? 3.3 what year stuff like that is good to know inorder to find a problem because no on is there but u to see the van.

Old 04-24-2007, 02:34 PM

Hello Chrysler Tech!!
Thanks for your quick reply! My Chrysler is a 2.5 Turbo Diesel, Model 1996. Just to explain at the moment i am living in Norway and the workshop is playing dum (do not understand english ha ha)! I put the car in to change the glow plugs after picking up the van i did a test drive and there was no power at all! The mechanic then checked the engine and found a few pipes were lose, i think they were going to the Turbo, but i could not see properly! Did another testdrive, drove better but it doesnt feel as if the Turbo is kicking in. I hope this will help you, because i need solid info so i can go back to the workshop! I dontuse more fuel then beforeand there is no sounds coming from the Turbo! Any suggestions would be helpful
taffyd

Old 04-24-2007, 06:42 PM
Super Moderator

why would u replace your glow plugs ne way???? what ever they tok or or did not hook back up then thats the prob. Most of the time loos of power on a turbo is the air flow into the turbo loose hose or waste gate vac things like that or a sensor is unpluged.