Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loss of power after 2000rpm

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 12:50 PM
Default Loss of power after 2000rpm

Hey people, how are you all today!

Just wondering if there is anybody that can solve a problem i have with my voyager 2.5TD 1999,
Numurous garages have looked, poked and tested the car including clearing error codes from the system, but none can figure out what is wrong with it.

The problem is that no matter how hard i accelerate or how fast i go, my turbo does not power up,(or tries to and starts whistling but gives up). So after 2000 rpm i get what feels like a 1.0 pulling a 2 tonne car, Ive tried the battery removal trick, A garage which i will name (because they proper ripped me off) "A servicing and tires" in aylesbury, bucks, england, Had the car for two days to just look at it and said that the alternator packed up and cannot continue with trying to repair without a new one,(i have the old one and it definately isnt the one that was on my car, and i saw his brothers voyager there too, bit blatent aint it.!!! £160 for what exactly mr. rip off??) new batt, egr valve cleaned various bit and pieces but no luck.
Also forgot to mention no trouble codes are coming up either???

Any feedback would be great, and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Many Thanks
Dave.

Old 12-04-2008, 01:32 AM
Default RE: Loss of power after 2000rpm

I know this is a very old post but thought I would answer to help out other diesel owners.

Firstly posting a diesel question on what is essentially a US forum site is unlikely to meet with success as the US are not big on diesel cars.

On the 2.5TD Voyager the most likely cause for this problem is the Number 1 fuel injector sensor. This sensor allows the ECU to track when the injector is opening and time the fuel injector pump accordingly. This injector is the most left hand side one when viewing the engine from the front and is the only injector with a wire coming out of it. To check simply disconnect the plug and measure the resistance across the terminals using a multimeter. Reading should be between 95 - 110 ohms. A new injector costs silly money in the UK but you should be able to find a good one at the scrap yards. The VM 425E engine used in the Chrysler is also used in a great many other cars such as the Vauxhaul/Opel Frontera, Chrysler Jeep, Land Rover TDi and others. Therefore if you can't find an injector for your exact car try and find one from one of these cars.

Old 06-03-2014, 03:15 PM

did you get your voyager sorted ok, wondered what problem was, as i seem to be having similar issues with my 1999 TD voyager.

Old 06-03-2014, 03:23 PM

if number one injector is playing up will it cause engine to sound very rattly, the VM engine is pretty loud already, but my car started making very clanky tapping noise, loss of power over 2000 revs, as if turbo not working. not to bad when car is cold (first started) or sometimes can turn engine of and restart and it will run okish for a bit then same problem resumes.