Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

intermittent bad starting

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 03:54 PM

Top fella there for helping out! Very nice to see there are folks out there who will do that. Nice one

Old 11-02-2014, 08:52 AM

Just an update on this weeks symptoms

I've driven about 900mls - no choice got to use it for the next two weeks.

It won't start in the mornings without a spray.
If I go down the shops, about a mile, it will start, but if I leave it longer than a few mins it can go either way.

I've had it cut out four times while accelorating to overtake slower traffic, if I pull over and wait 5mins it starts.
I'm no expert but doesn't this sound like fuel starvation and taking into account I've had a new pump I'm confussed even more

Not sure if any of this gives any indication to the problem.

If I can get through the next two weeks I'll def consider Richards offer to have a look.

thanks

John

Old 11-02-2014, 11:45 AM

You might just have to settle and take it into the Main Dealership. Or try and catch one of the Master techs as he goes out for lunch and ask him if he does work on the side!

Old 11-02-2014, 01:14 PM

Cutting out on overtaking is a fuel rail pressure problem and has been sorted due to either injector leak off or fuel rail pressure valve. It certainly won't start first thing with these probs and is akin to air in the fuel. Its unclear on here if you have checked this pressure valve.

Old 11-02-2014, 01:48 PM

Cutting out on overtaking is a fuel rail pressure problem and has been sorted due to either injector leak off or fuel rail pressure valve. It certainly won't start first thing with these probs and is akin to air in the fuel. Its unclear on here if you have checked this pressure valve.
I've had that much done I can't remember but I'll run this by the garage that's been looking at it

Thanks

Old 11-02-2014, 01:52 PM

Gives a result on that....Just advised a Garage mechanic as too this issue on another make of car and he said that's one thing they didn't check.

Old 11-03-2014, 03:20 AM

Coming in again latterly, from the fault symptoms reported I would think there is an inability to meet fuel demand beyond a certain figure (acceleration). Therefore Goggs' diagnosis would seem to be the most appropriate.

Leedsman.

Last edited by Leedsman; 11-03-2014 at 03:25 AM.
Old 11-03-2014, 11:41 AM

Hi fragmented

I had what appears to be similar problem, see the thread.

https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/...s-17766/page2/

#17 summarises my actions to get to a fix. Still not sure why changing the fuel filter always helped..for a while but it did. Replacing the leak off valve at the end of the rail resolved the problem. Talked to knowledgable friend about this recently and we both think there was more than one problem ie at least burnt housing and leak off valve.

This was about a year ago and 20,000 miles later still no starting problem returned (wish I hadn't said that!)

Hope it helps.

Old 11-03-2014, 01:28 PM

Thanks rodger looked at your thread, has anyone got a pic of where the refief valve is located.

My travels took me to Nottingham today and passing a main dealer so I thought I pop in and ask if I could have a quick chat with a service engineer - NO - was the answer - just book it in for a fault finding appointment.

The guy confirmed I'd be writing a blank cheque as they obviously didn't know how long it might take to find, if indeed they could.
At £96.00 per hour I thought not.

It made mw wonder - do these guys clock off the job when they go to the loo, could cost the customer £35.00 a pee

Grumpy old man time

Old 11-03-2014, 01:45 PM

Lots of Laughs tonight...

Quick Reply: intermittent bad starting