Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's been a while guys!...

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 09:07 PM
Lightbulb It's been a while guys!...

Hi all...

Well as the title says, it's been quite a while since I've been on the forum! The main reason was I forgotten my pass word and my email address had changed so could not get a reset...

Anyway... I need some help with replacing my Auxiliary (Serpantine) belt tensioner as it's making a noise and not running true! Slightly at an angle towards the cam over. Could someone give me a "Walk through" please on how to change it? I have bought a new belt for both the alternator and the power steering! And a idler pully that sits close to the alternator. Could do with knowing what tools I need and the torque settings plz. Is there a particular brand I should buy for the tensioner? Carparts4less have an INA for around £50. I have already bought the continental belts off the site.

Any help would be much appreciated

Tim

Old 07-08-2014, 04:41 AM

To make it simple..Have you tried You Tube.

Old 07-08-2014, 05:06 AM
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by goggs
To make it simple..Have you tried You Tube.

I have looked on there but can't seem to find one for the GV 2.8L diesel! Unless you can point me in the right direction

Old 07-09-2014, 05:08 AM

No one done this yet? Could do with a little help guys plz

Old 07-09-2014, 06:03 AM

I could find a lot googling that isn't so hard.
I just bought me the timing belt and the 2 acc belts for my 2.5CRD but I'm gonna bring it to the mechanic.
I would have done the serpentine belt(s) myself but since the mechanic is going to do the timing belt, he can easily mount these too.

If you google for help you can also use all info you find on 2.5CRD and info you find on the Jeeps with similar engines, the procedure is roughly the same

Old 07-09-2014, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Vmaxxer
I could find a lot googling that isn't so hard.
I just bought me the timing belt and the 2 acc belts for my 2.5CRD but I'm gonna bring it to the mechanic.
I would have done the serpentine belt(s) myself but since the mechanic is going to do the timing belt, he can easily mount these too.

If you google for help you can also use all info you find on 2.5CRD and info you find on the Jeeps with similar engines, the procedure is roughly the same

Nice one mate I'll take good search on the old google for that. Could take me a while mind you while I get this internet to not time out all the dam time!