Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

non starter

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by tfb
page 490 is the no crank flow chart

http://oskin.ru/pub/chrysler-dodge/m...r_sgmldiag.pdf

but, if you ran 12V direct to the starter and it didn't spin the engine over, then the starter motor is at fault (or at least one of the faults)

Regards
Richard
yes I think the starter is definitely a fault as for the non start ive read so much today about skims/pcm's and modules my brain is mush hahaha but ive read on one of the links you put up that the alarm and skim share the red led on the dash and it can stay on constant if theres a fault so I think il stick a new starter on and then get a mobile leccy to quote on coming out unless someone on here does it,thankd daz

Old 01-04-2015, 11:52 AM
tfb

i'm a lot more familiar with diesels than petrol, but depending upon where you are in the country I could have a look for you.

I'm in Cambridgeshire

Regards
Richard

Old 01-04-2015, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by tfb
i'm a lot more familiar with diesels than petrol, but depending upon where you are in the country I could have a look for you.

I'm in Cambridgeshire

Regards
Richard
nice offer but im in west Yorkshire

Old 01-04-2015, 02:22 PM

I'll need to get under the bonnet more, wouldn't start at house earlier, then when coming away from Wicks afterwards. Instead of just not turning at all it tries but jumps out like a flat battery. It doesn't help when there's little room to get hand down there onto starter coil connector as my wrist and arm are getting scratched.
Wonder if were ever going to get any days of dry weather.

Old 01-05-2015, 02:02 PM

just fit a new starter(lovely job on yer back in the dark on a Monday night haha so now im left with a car that wont turn over when I turn the key and a constant red led on

Old 01-05-2015, 04:06 PM
tfb

Bugger
OK, if the light isn't going out then there is a problem with the SKIM/SKREEM. You'll need to have the codes read. A key dance won't show it.

Have you another key to try with it?

Regards
Richard

Old 01-06-2015, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by tfb
Bugger
OK, if the light isn't going out then there is a problem with the SKIM/SKREEM. You'll need to have the codes read. A key dance won't show it.

Have you another key to try with it?

Regards
Richard
i tried the other friday but will try again tonight and my dad is gonna pop in and try his snap on reader on it

Old 01-06-2015, 11:27 AM

waiting for a mobile locksmith to get back to me see if he can help

Old 01-06-2015, 01:40 PM

so I spoke to an auto electrician today and he says sounds like immobilisr and with me removing battery and putting another on then off then mine back on the car has forgotten the keyand nowt he can do and to try an auto locksmith so he gives me a number and the bloke reckons he can reprogram at my house for £100 but cant guarantee it will work incase its ecu or wireing fault so ive given him go ahead for tomorrow night,in my opinion it worked before the starter packed in and the battery removal and fingers crossed tomorrow the heart will be beating again

Old 01-06-2015, 02:35 PM

with me removing battery and putting another on then off then mine back on the car has forgotten the key
- probably load of
he can reprogram at my house for £100 but cant guarantee it will work in case its ECU or wiring fault so I've given him go ahead for tomorrow night
- probably another load of

Look what are you dealing with ? is it flat battery or knackered starter motor or SKIM / SKREEM ?

Do one thing at a time starting with the SKIM / SKREEM If you put a fully charged known to be good battery on and the red light is solid on, then open the door the alarm will go mad, while the alarm is going mad insert the correct grey key, then turn it to two clicks clockwise [the ON / RUN position] the alarm will turn of because it agrees you are the owner and not a thief, then switch the key two clicks anti-clockwise [the OFF position] and withdraw the key. What happens now ?

Quick Reply: non starter