Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Power Door switch

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 11:40 AM
Default Power Door switch

Next project - hopefully a simple one - is to sort out the drivers side power lock switch. This doesn't work, and the switch doesn't illuminate. I'm hoping it's simply s replacement switch but I need to get the switch out to check that there is power to the switch. I (stupidly) assumed that if I undid the screw that goes through the door release, then this plastic part - along with the power door switch - would simply come out, but sadly doesn't seem to be the case.

Can anyone tell me if the whole door panel simply unclips (apart from the aforementioned screw) or are there any traps waiting for me when I try?

Old 03-01-2009, 03:24 PM

screws around the outside as well but yes pulls off.

Old 04-20-2009, 07:14 AM
Default Front door interior panels.

Originally Posted by Merlin
screws around the outside as well but yes pulls off.

OK, I've had a look for these, but can't find any screws. The rearmost bottom of the front door panel seems to be held in with something more than just panel clips, so I assume there are screws holding this - where are they and how do I get to them, please.

Old 04-20-2009, 08:55 AM

Ah, done it now - well to some extent. Undid the door handle and lock screws and pulled the door trim away at the top, hoping to work my way down, but looked inside the door from the top and the bit of wiring loom hanging loose was a giveaway as to the problem - plugged this back into the door lock switch and now working fine, so didn't even need to buy the switch.

Removed the rear door panel whilst I was at it as this had started to rattle a little - found that there were three panel clips missing so replaced these, cable tied the two lock cable outers together and now all nice and quiet again.