Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replacement of rear liftgate module

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 04:13 PM
Question Replacement of rear liftgate module

Help! I picked up a new liftgate module for my '02 T&C, pulled off the door panel and see absolutely nothing that looks like the module I have in my hand! Any ideas where it might be hiding?

Old 02-27-2011, 05:26 PM

left side rear quarter panel, below the liftgate actuator.

Look thru the recent posts....there was a guy with a wiring harness issue, and some really nice pics of the module in question....

https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/...ad.php?t=13742

found it.....

Now...not to be a Killjoy......But why are you replacing it???? Logic dictates that if you dont know where to find it, you couldnt possibly have checked it to confirm it is defective......Just food for thought.....

Last edited by Djinn-n-Tonic; 02-27-2011 at 05:34 PM.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:19 PM
Cool

I won't be able to convey my tone so let me say upfront this all being said in a light hearted, sarcastic tone directed at myself.
Ok Mr Killjoy! I thought I would be Ms Smartypants and try to figure it out myself. I mean really how hard could it be? Yeah....exactly. So after reading more posts here I find I probably should have started with the latch. (hindsite 20/20), but I have the module, the box is open so I'm already out my $150, I thought I might as well replace it and move on. The picture in the post you attached looks like the module is attached to the body it doesn't look like my tailgate (I must say, just WOW! That poor guy!). There is nothing attached to the metal inside the tailgate panel. It has to have a module...right?

Old 02-27-2011, 07:24 PM
Thumbs up Disregard previous question.

I was looking at the picture again, and see now it's a picture of the quarter panel as you stated and not the liftgate. My bad.

Old 03-17-2011, 08:39 PM
Question Still no luck

When I purchased the pawl switch at the dealer I described the symptoms of the liftgate to the chrysler tech and he agreed he thought it was the Pawl switch ("That's what we've seen it end up being"). I've replaced the Pawl switch AND then extended the bumpers on the rear liftgate. It acts same as it did in the beginning. It only opens manually by using the key. With the door handle you hear a click but the latch doesn't release, with the key fob it beeps, tail lights flash and a click... but again doesn't disengage. It also will not close on it's own with the key fob the tail lights only flash. Do I need to reset something? Or am I missing something. My next thought is the latch mechanism. Any thoughts?

Old 03-17-2011, 10:12 PM
Super Moderator

its been a latch issue the whole time