Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

strange problem with instruments and running

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 01:17 PM
Default strange problem with instruments and running

Hello to all - I hope someone can advise what might be causing this .

When i first turn the ignition on the speedo and tacho both go full scale before returning to rest position then the rest of the instruments and dash lights come to life. Also over the last couple of days a further problem has become apparent the car is hesitant on accelaration and occasionally when sitting at a junction for example will lurch forwards as if you had hit the throttle to set off. Also when driving the car feels jittery - as if it is about to die - it hasn't yet but i am concerned.

It has been to a main dealer for transmission check as i thought maybe gearbox was faulty but nothing was found.

Any idea's anyone ?

Old 02-17-2011, 02:49 PM

You should really search the forum before posting.

The speedo/tacho issue has been covered on here a number of times in the past couple of weeks.....it means your battery voltage is low. Your battery either needs recharged or replaced (more likely)

Jittery driving could be any number of things........however your first action should be to replace the fuel filter. A blocked fuel filter can cause all manor of trouble. If that doesn't cure it, you will have to get the injector/fuel pump system investigated.