Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Town & Country power steering - am I missing a hose??

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 03:45 PM
Default Town & Country power steering - am I missing a hose??

Hi, everyone. I've been scouring the web for a diagram of the Town & Country power steering system.

I've been smelling hot power steering under the hood for a few weeks, but the fluid level was always good when I checked.

Last night the steering got so hard, we barely got home. All the fluid was gone.

I got new fluid with stop-leak, and filled 'er up.

My wife got in this morning and started the van. Immediately she heard a noise under the hood so she turned it off. She looked under the van and saw all the new fluid spilled out there.

As I look under the van, I see a hose coming from the reservoir to a filter-looking thing right under the center of the engine. This filter-looking "thing" seems to have a hose completely missing! For the life of me I can't find where it might have been connected. There's no loose hose hanging there.

I don't have it up on ramps so I can't get completely under it to look. Just wondering if anyone might have an idea what this filter-looking thing is, and where my missing hose might need to go?

I'd sure love to try to fix it myself. If I can't, will I harm anything driving it miles to the shop?