Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiring repair

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2019, 03:18 PM
Default Wiring repair

2005 T&C Touring.

So I recently had some electrical work/diagnostics done and when I got my car back, there were some new issues. The ABS light is on and the wiper fluid motor doesn't work. I checked the ABS sensors which appear to still be good. The integrated power module was replaced, and when I took the new (used) IPM apart it looked almost pristine inside, so I don't think it's a corrosion issue. However, the wires that go to the ABS and wiper fluid motor are wrapped in electrical tape. I think the first shop I brought it to (they couldn't fix it) decided to test the wires with one of those electrical probes that penetrate the shielding. I haven't been able to get the ABS code(s) read yet, because no one I know has a code reader that can pull them. But given the general condition of the car, and the fact that it seems a little too coincidental, I'm thinking I'll strip and check the wires. I don't want to do that until I'm ready to repair them, though, and I'm having trouble finding repair parts. I found a MOPAR site that has all the connectors, but I'm really just looking to redo the two individual wires, not spend $50-$100 one a while new connector. Any ideas where I could find just some replacement wires? Everything I've come across so far is a replacement for the wires plus the entire connector, which is more than I need.