Forum Issues Need help with Chrysler Forum? Ask. Have a suggestion to better Chrysler Forum? Tell us here.

HOW DO I AERATE MY COOLING SYSTEM

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 05:27 PM
Default HOW DO I AERATE MY COOLING SYSTEM

MY CHRYSLER IS 1996 CONCORD...I NEED HELP !!!!!
WENT THE CAR IS COOL I DON'T HAVE ANY PROBLEM ...IF THE MOTOR START TO BE HOT ,THE WATER IS SEAMING,I DONT HAVE HEAT IN THE CAR...THE PAMP IS NEW,HOSTE ARE NEW,...I TRY EVERYTHING I KNEW,FOR 2 DAYS I DRIVE WITH AC ,ON TO COOL THE ENGINE...PLEASE HELP !!!!!

Old 11-11-2007, 07:13 PM
moe
Default RE: HOW DO I AERATE MY COOLING SYSTEM

heres a pretty bad picture but you can still make it out moe

Old 11-11-2007, 07:16 PM
moe

more stuff for you!ott
FILLING COOLING SYSTEM
CAUTION: Do not use well water, or suspected water supply in cooling system. A 50/50 ethylene glycol and distilled water mix is recommended.
[*]Close radiator drain. Hand tighten only.[*]Install the cylinder block drain plugs
WARNING: WHEN INSTALLING DRAIN HOSE TO AIR BLEED VALVE ON THERMOSTAT HOUSING, ROUTE HOSE AWAY FROM ACCESSORY DRIVE BELT, ACCESSORY DRIVE PULLEYS, AND ELECTRIC COOLING FAN MOTORS. [*]Attach one end of a 6.35 mm (.250 in.) ID clear hose that is approximately 1200 mm (48 in.) long, to the bleed valve in the thermostat Bleeding Cooling System While Filling With Coolant Route the hose away from the accessory drive belt, drive pulleys and electric cooling fan. Place the other end of hose into a clean container. The hose will prevent coolant from contacting the accessory drive belt when bleeding the system during the refilling operation.[*]Open bleed valve.[*]Slowly fill coolant pressure bottle Filling Cooling System until a steady stream of coolant flows from hose attached to the bleed valve.[*]Gently squeeze upper radiator hose until all air is removed from system.[*]Close bleed valve and continue filling to the top of the coolant bottle Bleeding Cooling System While Filling With Coolant[*]Install cap on coolant pressure bottle.[*]Remove hose from bleed valve
NOTE: Mopar Antifreeze or a ethylene glycol base antifreeze with a silicate inhibitor or their equivalent are recommended for best engine cooling without corrosion. Refer to Coolant Performance in this section for appropriate coolant mixture to use. [/ol]o

Old 11-12-2007, 11:45 PM

same problem
please help

Old 11-13-2007, 10:54 AM
moe

are you sure the system is full? do the electric fans come on?is it boiling over like a blown head gasket??moe

Old 11-13-2007, 05:50 PM

YES , THE SYSTEM IS FULL,ELECTRIC FAN IS NEW AND IS WORKING.SAME TIME IS BOILING,SAME TIME IS STEAMING,I CHECK AT THE DEALER,THEY TELL MY TO CHANGE THE ENGINE....
I WAS LUCKY ,I SOLD THE CAR TODAY.
THANK YOU AGAIN

Old 11-13-2007, 07:06 PM
moe

good for you otto!might have had head gasket problems,ps not your problem now!!!

Old 11-13-2007, 08:55 PM

thank you, for help !!!