General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

1999 Chrysler LHS 3.5 Stalling issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 03:02 PM
Default 1999 Chrysler LHS 3.5 Stalling issues

Hello, recently bought a mechanic-owned '99 Chrysler LHS. The car has high mileage on it but very good condition. Runs and drives smooth as can be. Well the other day I noticed some kinda chugging when I started it up... Few days later it stalled when I tried starting it but fired right back up. Well my girlfriend was out driving it the other day and stalled out at a red light. The problem has continued, Happening every couple of days. Stalls when idled. I put seafoam in the gas tank to remove any moisture that may have gotten into it, and it still seems to wanna stall. Its not idling low or anything like that. The oil light comes on JUST before it stalls. Ive had the codes read at auto zone for a recently appeared check engine light and it came up as "No code"... So right now I am a bit puzzled. I want to try some cheaper fixes such as the seafoam in the gas tank before I really break the bank. I have heard harmonic balancer, & fuel pump. When leaving the grocery store earlier, the car was still at running temp but it kept stalling on start up. Applied the gas pedal slightly to keep it from stalling and was able to back out and take off with just a little bit of a chug. Im open for suggestions.. Please & Thanks

Old 03-19-2014, 04:38 PM

Balancer/Stalling No way related.
Fuel pump issues rare on these cars and usually result in a total no start.
Stalling rough running most commonly on these cars is throttle body/IAC need cleaning. PCV sticking and or vacuum leak also suspects.