General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2004 Sebring GTC won't turn over

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2017, 11:47 AM
TLT
Smile 2004 Sebring GTC won't turn over

I own a 2004 Chrysler Sebring GTC. 6 cylinder 2.7 liter R rated engine. My Chrysler Sebring will still not start. I have replace the ECM PCM and the battery. My car still will not start after extensive work being done to the engine. But the only code I keep getting is p1864. It will not give you any other codes but my car still will not start. It will crank but it will not turn over. No signal post for the injectors, no signal pulse for the coils, no signal post for the crank or camshaft sensors. Why are continuity on all wires are good. All grounds are good. All the fuses in modules have been checked in are good. The ASD relay is good. What could possibly be the problem? If my car is not turning over, why am I not getting any more codes? Why won't my car turn over?

Old 05-21-2017, 01:48 PM
TLT
Default Additional Information:

The engine was torn down and oil sludge cleaned out, replaced gaskets and rings, new crank shaft, new rods, new oil pump, new cam sensor and crank sensor, new coils, new boots and new spark plugs, new water pump, new timing chain, replace the oil filter and air filter, and some other things I can't remember. In the prior year I replaced the ECM PCM and repaired the AC system. Basically my engine was almost completely rebuilt.
What started all this was the car turned off while I was driving. I was told the fuel pump was functioning and it was getting gas, but that the oil pump was bad and needed to be replaced, that although there was oil in my car, it was not getting through to the rods, which resulted in the crankshaft and a couple rods getting bent from lack of oil not getting through to them from oil pump going out. That was the reason I was given that my car turned off on me while I was driving.
All the electrical wires and grounds have been checked and are good. Although the wiring harness could be replaced, everything is still good and the wires all still have conductivity. So I am wondering if the ECM PCM needs to be reflashed? Or is there another problem going on?
Everyone is stumped, no one can seem to find a reason why my car will not start. It turns over but it will not start. I am hoping someone will have some answers for me in these forums.
There is no signal to the crankshaft position sensor, cam sensor, the coils, or the injectors. All the grounds have been checked and are good. All wires were checked and have good continuity.
It does not have an alarm system, and I do not believe it takes a chipped key, but I have the original keys that came with the car when I bought it in 2007 and these keys have always worked with the car before.
If it is the ECM PCM is bad or blown again, why does disconnecting the battery and the electrical system from the car blow the ECM PCM?
Can the fuel pump still be functioning yet still be bad and need to be replaced?
The issue is my car will crank but will not start, and the crank position sensor, cam position sensor, coils and injectors are not getting a signal.
What could be causing this!? A bad sensor, bad fuses, a bad ECM PCM?
Please read my other posts & other replies in other forums. Thank you for any help and ideas you might be able to give.