General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

NAV map updates and "Good Luck"

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 11:33 AM
Default NAV map updates and "Good Luck"

Just a point of information... we took delivery of a 2012 T&C last August 2013 and was told by the dealer it was a Chrysler Fleet Vehicle and had not been registered. Shortly after the delivery, we noted two issues. One being getting the Sirius radio activated for a year (finally resolved by Sirius) and our discovery of a map system, not updated.

And we thought Sirius was a headache... turned out that was a piece of cake!

First a call was made to the dealer, who pushed it off on Chrysler. Phoned Chrysler's Customer Support and they pushed it back to the dealer. Called dealer again, told it was out of their hands, contact Support again. Did that to no avail. Suggested to call NATEQ...yes, they can help...for $150.00 They'd be glad to send the discs... once I pay for them.

Fast forward to June 2014, stop by a different local dealer...he listens to my plight and says "Get me the discs and I'll install them for free", suggests I call Support again. I do...same old story... not their problem. I contact Garmin with hopes they may have a download for free...nope, they say go to NAVTEQ and plead my case...I do that and NAVTEQ says fork up $150 to update. I send email to Chrysler Division CEO (past Thursday) get call an hour ago from "Jim" addressing my email...says sorry...contact NAVTEQ to buy the update, as Chrysler has nothing to do with this. I reply, "WHy did you send out complimentary discs to some and not to all". His reply... They had new vehicles and didn't buy a rental vehicle. What????? I bought a rental...I was never told this. Selling dealer told me it was a Chrysler Fleet. That was never disclosed. So... if you are considering buying a "used" vehicle...ask if it was a rental.

Anybody know how I can get a free update to the maps?