General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

UConnect pairing maximum problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 09:41 AM
Default UConnect pairing maximum problem

Have 2007 Pacifica with UConnect factory installed. Has worked well but recently lost connectivity to all phones paired. Tried to pair phone and all steps went well until end of process and then system said "maximum phones paired, paring failed". When I try to "delete a phone" it says "no phones paired". When I do "list paired phones" it says "no phones paired". So the problem is it says that it cannot pair another phone due to maximal phones paired but I cannot delete any paired phones since it doesn't list any paired phones. This is an infinite loop that I cannot seem to break.
Any suggestions or help would be most appreciated. I tried the ignition, door open, dance a jig etc to try to reset the system-no help. I have not yet tried to pull fuses to the system. It looks like there are multiple fuses to the hands free system and I am hesitant to pull them since the rest of the audio system works well (DVD, Nav etc). Also I saw some advice saying to disconnect neg terminal of battery-again seems like a drastic stem that may have other negative side effects.
I have seached these and other forums and have not found anyone with this particular problem (which surprised me).
Thanks in advance for help

Old 03-11-2013, 09:21 AM

Hi I have the exact same problem. I have a 2006 pacifica and its driving me crazy. Tried pulling fuses but still nothing. Any help would be great.

Old 12-18-2015, 09:27 PM
Default Uconnect Pairing Maximum Problem

I purchased a used 2006 Pacifica 6 months ago which is having the same problems as listed in thread. Initially it worked fine, but now it is not working.

"Tried to pair phone and all steps went well until end of process and then system said "maximum phones paired, paring failed". When I try to "delete a phone" it says "no phones paired". When I do "list paired phones" it says "no phones paired". So the problem is it says that it cannot pair another phone due to maximal phones paired but I cannot delete any paired phones since it doesn't list any paired phones. This is an infinite loop that I cannot seem to break."

Has anyone found a resolution to this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Steve

Old 12-23-2015, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by sbelarmino
I purchased a used 2006 Pacifica 6 months ago which is having the same problems as listed in thread. Initially it worked fine, but now it is not working.

"Tried to pair phone and all steps went well until end of process and then system said "maximum phones paired, paring failed". When I try to "delete a phone" it says "no phones paired". When I do "list paired phones" it says "no phones paired". So the problem is it says that it cannot pair another phone due to maximal phones paired but I cannot delete any paired phones since it doesn't list any paired phones. This is an infinite loop that I cannot seem to break."

Has anyone found a resolution to this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Steve
disconnect your battery and let it set for 1/2 hour then connect it back up would be my first suggestion.

also there's mention of pulling the glove box out and unplugging the harness thatss plugged into the HFM but that's a pain. I'd do the battery first.

Old 12-23-2015, 05:00 PM

OK, thanks I will give this try next Monday 12/28 and post the results. Is there another link that gives more information on unplugging the HFM harness in case I have to take the next step?

Thank you, Steve B

Old 01-16-2016, 10:17 AM

I checked with the Chrysler dealership and all they have to suggest is disconnecting the battery for 1/2, but nothing substantial to suggest. I have done this but problems still persist. I am still at a loss so unfortunately I have no other option at this point than to live with this not working. If I even get a resolution, I will be sure to post.

Old 01-20-2016, 04:58 AM

Same problem here and tried disconnecting the battery, but it didn't resolve the problem. Any other suggestions?

Old 01-20-2016, 08:17 AM

I found a TSB that might address this UConnect concern. It might be worth bringing this to your dealership's attention.

TSB NUMBER: 08-013-05 REV. A
GROUP: Electrical
DATE: October 1, 2005

SUBJECT: UConnect Hands Free Phone Inoperative

OVERVIEW: This bulletin directs the technician to the appropriate diagnostic path by vehicle line.

MODELS:
2005 - 2006 (CS) Pacifica
2005 - 2006 (DR/DH) Ram Truck/Ram Truck HD
2005 - 2006 (HB) Durango
2005 - 2006 (KJ) Liberty
2005 - 2006 (LX) 300/Magnum/Charger
2005 - 2006 (ND) Dakota
2005 - 2006 (PT) PT Cruiser
2005 - 2006 (RS) Town & Country/Caravan
2005 - 2006 (WK) Grand Cherokee

NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles equipped with UConnect™ Hands Free Communications (sales code RSP).
**DISCUSSION:

NOTE: Verify that service bulletin 08-049-05 has been performed (where applicable)
before proceeding further with this bulletin.

NOTE: On CS vehicles with a 05091004AL UConnect Hands Free Module, the scan
tool may display a $21 - Bus Busy DTC. This DTC is erroneous and should be
ignored.

Old 01-20-2016, 07:10 PM

They said that my car is not part of that service bulletin

Old 01-21-2016, 07:36 AM

Could you PM me your VIN so that I can look through additional resources to see if I can find anything else that may be useful for you?