General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Various Questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 12:37 PM
Question Various Questions

Hi Folks, I have been working on my 2002 Sebring 2.7 for longer than I care to. I love the car but am close to the point of giving up on it. So for a moment I want to pretend that I don't know anything about this car and ask a few questions in hopes that maybe someone will answer in a way that makes me think differently than I am and maybe tell me something that I didn't realize or had thought of... So here are the questions.

1) Is it possible to have a good compression and the timing be off?

2) If the Timing Tensioner is bad will that cause it to not run and still have good compression?

3) When I try to start it when it does seem to fire properly it seemed to exhaust through the air intake, is that a timing issue?

Ok enough with the timing questions...

4) If there is a problem with the PCM and you replace it with a PCM that is not programmed the same or I guess even if it is, and you are having the same exact issue can I assume that the PCM wasn't the problem? Seems to me like if it was a different PCM and not programmed properly that I would have a different issue and not the exact same one.

5) If I check the Fuel Pressure do I want the pressure with the key just turned on or do I need to be cranking the engine to get the pressure I need. I get a seemingly lower pressure when just turning the key on but a higher pressure with it cranking. Car wont start but with key on I'm getting anywhere between 15-35 and when cranking I'm getting 55-60.

That's all I can think of at the moment but I wasn't sure where the best place to post this was so I was hoping that it would be ok to post it here and hopefully learn something that I'm not thinking.

Thank you...