General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

voyager 2,5Td injection pump with problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 06:34 PM
Default voyager 2,5Td injection pump with problem

Hi, I have a Chrysler voyager 2,5 td 1996, with a bosch vp36 , I have already changed the injector n1, fuel filter , mass air flow, air filter,turbo actuator, checked the wires of the brakes, checked the intercooler pipes,checked for trouble codes(none),checked the egr valve it was fine even so I blocked the air passage trought the valve just in case,and after all of this it runs the same. The van runs fine and revs well till it reaches 2000rpm, after that it loses power like hitting a wall of air, the turbo starts to spin but at 2000rpm slows down and all the power goes away. Other simptoms is that when in idle after some minutes it starts to stall,so I disconnected the injection pump timing solenoid and the simptoms goes away, works fine at idle. another simptoms is when I start the engine the trottlle pedal never works at the first push only at the second time.
I have no ways to take out the pump my self to send it to you and I need the car so I cannot stop it, so I would like to know if its possible that the problem is the timing solenoid that is broken so I can change it myself. I have this problem for alot of months and I cannot see other problem that this, let me know if you someone help me. I tried alot on ebay for a timig solenoid but no luck, and its hard to find in the local delars.