New Member Area New to CF? Stop in tell us about you.

2010 chysler sebring misfire cylinder 1

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2021, 09:08 PM
Default 2010 chysler sebring misfire cylinder 1

So i bought this car and was told it had shifting issues and the guy said the transmission fluid had never been changed so i put it on a trailer and took it home changed the trans fluid and filter and went to go take it for a drive and see if it shifts right and as soon as i get to about 2k rpm i get a flashing check engine light and i know that means misfire so i continue to drive to check the transmission and all works out with it so when i got home i took my scanner and hooked it up to confirm that i had a misfire and it was a misfire cylinder 1 and so i bought spark plugs made sure the gap was correct put them in and cleared the code started the car and everything waz fine until i hit about 2k rpm so i swapped the coil from cylinder one with another cylinder and nothing still have the misfire in cylinder one so i did the same thing with thefuel injectors and nothing the misfire remained in cylinder 1 so i did a lil online research and seen that a bad fuel pump or clogged fuel filter could cause this issue so i replaced the fuel pump and again got the same results with the cylinder 1 misfire so then i thought maybe intake gasket is bad replaced that and yet i still have a misfire in cylinder 1 o i also forgot to mention thati have done a compression test and four cylinders are within specs anyways im tired of putting money into this car and nothing worked and i also have no idea what else i should try so if anyone has had this issue or can point me in the right direction as to how to figure this out please let me know and a side note this car drives good no problem taking off and no rough idle if it wasn't for the check engine light flashing. At higher idea you wouldn't be able to tell anything was wrong

Old 05-17-2021, 10:29 PM

What are the codes?

Have you checked the wiring to the plugs and injectors?

Old 05-17-2021, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by dcotter0579
What are the codes?

Have you checked the wiring to the plugs and injectors?

P0301 is the only code that comes up

i have not other than just a visual check and i also pulled the coil out to see if it was getting any spark at all other than that im not sure how to test it i have a volt meter but i dont know what setting i should be or nor know what specs everything should be at

Old 05-18-2021, 11:07 AM

Check the continuity of the wiring. If the resistance is significant, or varies from cylinder to cylinder, find out why and fix it.