93 lebaron rebuild - Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

New Member Area New to CF? Stop in tell us about you.

Old 09-09-2017, 06:42 AM

Default 93 lebaron rebuild

So my uncle gave me a money pit of a car the other day and I was thinking about what I should do with it. A buddy of mine suggested drag car and I think that's cool and all but an ls swap is too pedestrian for me. Imo ls swaps are overdone. I was thinking 2jz and rear wheel drive when it hit me... Rip out the backseat and make it a rear engine car! I'm not new to fab work or anything of that sort and the car has to be taken down to the frame anyway due to rust so I thought why the hell not? I know I'm going to have to do a lot of modding to the frame and my welder is ready! I also know handling is gonna be a pain in the *** to get right. Just kind of probing to see if anyone has any ideas or can see any issues that I may not see. Anyway... thought are appreciated but please keep you pessimistic nay saying to yourself.
Old 09-09-2017, 01:21 PM

Just one question, Isn't a 93 Le Baron a unibody with no actual frame???
Old 09-09-2017, 01:47 PM

I don't think j bodies are nobody. If they are in gonna ****ing have to do a lot more work
Old 09-09-2017, 01:51 PM

After a short bit of research I have determined that I want to cry. It's a unibody which means this is going to be at least 5 times more difficult than I thought. Add another six months to the schedule. Man ****

still going to do it though
Old 09-10-2017, 08:38 AM

Down and dirty.. find a dakota frame and fab mounts and adj frame for wheelbase to put body onto it and then you can front engine/rear drive to your hearts content!
Old 09-16-2017, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by REBEL59 View Post
Down and dirty.. find a dakota frame and fab mounts and adj frame for wheelbase to put body onto it and then you can front engine/rear drive to your hearts content!
I'm wanting to do mid engine though. MR not FR. A Dakota frame won't really lighten the amount of work I'm going to have to do