New Member Area New to CF? Stop in tell us about you.

Hi, I'm a new member

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 04:12 PM
Default Hi, I'm a new member

Hello. I just joined recently and thought I'd make a post. I found this forum in an attempt to find parts for our 65 newport 2dr ht. It was near perfect until our nephew rearended someone, drove along side a tree or sign (not sure which, didn't really get the full truth). Anyway, now it could use another ds front fender and a ps fender skirt. If there were a parts car here in AZ, I'd probably try to buy the front bumper also. This one has a few dings.
Anyway we also own a 66 coronet 500 2d ht and a 68 cuda fastback. The coronet is taking priority now with needing a paint job and new interior. And the cuda doesn't have a motor or tranny yet, so it will be project much later down the line.
So, if anyone has some of these parts I need for our 65 newport, please contact me. I have found the parts without a problem, however, I'm sure shipping would be way to much.
I wanted to post pics of the newport before damage and after, but I'm not sure how lol.
On a side note, I've been considering pulling front fenders off a 66 new yorker for the newport but that would require changing out the bumper and grill as well. Not sure I want to do that as this newport is a fairly rare car, considering its condition and the fact it is a 2dr ht with ac. If I took that action, I'm afraid it would take away the newport look too much.
Thanks for reading my lengthy post and have a great day.

Old 06-11-2011, 12:53 AM
Default hi

testing