New Member Area New to CF? Stop in tell us about you.

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 12:17 PM
Default new member

hi everyone!!- I am new to this forum and have just purchased a 2004 2.8 CRD Chrysler Grand Voyager to use as a chauffeur/taxi car here in the Midlands. I had a budget of around 5K and looked at several cars after deciding to go for the GV rather than the Mercedes Viano as I think you get a lot more car for your money and I find the Vianos very 'vanny'.
The car I have purchased is a '54 plate and has been privately owned by a Doctor from new, it has covered 54000 miles and is a Limited with all the toys.
After reading through some of the threads on this forum it has been very useful in helping get the car up to scratch for business use .So far I have had a new cambelt, new thermostat (I had the problem with the aux heater on all the time). The temp was reading 1/4, now it reads halfway and the aux is spot on. I have had the auto box fluid and filter changed and a full service including the fuel filter. These are all things I have picked up on from the Forum. I have also decided to replace the front wheel bearings after a couple of airport runs there is definitely a bearing rumble from the front end. I have found complete bearing and hub kits on ebay for 50.00 are they ok?
Touch wood the car is driving very well and I hope all my preventive maintenance will pay off. I also have a small issue with the sliding door locks which I may live with or sort out down the line, apart from that she is a very clean, good looking MPV. Any further advice would be appreciated.