Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Chrysler Maximum Care is a Scam

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2023, 11:39 AM
Thumbs up Mopar MaxCare

Originally Posted by dcotter0579
When you buy one of these service plans, you are not buying a "warranty". You are buying a pre-paid service contract. In other words, you and the seller of the contract are betting against each other that the car will or will not have problems that will exceed the value of the contract. The people that sell these contracts are not stupid. They are in the business to make money. They have a great deal of data and experience that they use to price these things out. You are betting against the house when you spend that money.
True, or look at 'extended warranties' as 'insurance policies', which is basically what they are. I live in North Carolina and bought my 300S new from a dealer in Tennessee. Bought the Mopar MaxCare Plan and the Mopar MVP Multicare Plus Plans from a dealership in Iowa - the only dealer I'm aware of that offered the Mopar plans at $50 over invoice.

Bought a similar Ford PremiumCare Plus Plan from the same dealer group in Iowa for my 2019 Ranger Lariat at $50 over cost also. The Ford Plan was substantially less expensive than the Mopar Plan, despite Ranger having the complete 'Technology Package', turbocharged motor, 4WD, etc. my 2020 300S doesn't have. Guessing those pesky 'insurance tables' were just less favorable for the Mopar product.

As an interesting side note, a 'lane departure guide' display illuminated on my Ranger Lariat shortly after the PremiumCare Plus was activated. Only came on previously when the electronic nannies were activated. Did Ford send a signal to my Ranger? Only Ford knows. Did Mopar send any similar signal to my 300S after MaxCare was activated? Only Mopar knows.

Both vehicles continue to improve with age, as they continue their respective 'break in' processes.