Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

HAve A heart, People!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 12:52 PM
Super Moderator

that's the **** when u did a good deed like that and its nothing but second nature to u do do stuff like that people remember that sorta thing. I have several customers that have gotten other Chrysler cars just because I work on them and will come back and also turned on friends and family to do the same.

Old 02-20-2011, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH
I did a brake job the other day pads and new rotors on a 04 Jeep Grand took me 25 min.

the guy paid me and said how did u do it so fast and do i get a discount because u did it so fast?
I have similar experiences but in another field. Computer, electronics and networking. There's not a lot of expensive tools involved but there's 18+ years of hands on knowledge that I have that kids don't, and who read a book and take a test to get some kind of technician degree, who then think they are master geeks and know every thing.

I get PC's that others have tried days to fix and charge the customer as much as a new PC. I can some times fix the problem in 30 minutes (not always of course). If the customer finds out, they want to pay a fraction of what is reasonable because they think it was an easy fix. So that's why I have a 48 hour turn around time on every PC I take in. Or they can pay extra for same day service. I'm always cheaper than any one else but again, they think if it's done quickly it should be almost free because they are used to others taking a week to fix their problems in the past.

Next time, you may need to take the parts in the back room and have a soft drink and wait a while 'till you finish the job

Old 02-21-2011, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by rastoma
I have similar experiences but in another field. Computer, electronics and networking. There's not a lot of expensive tools involved but there's 18+ years of hands on knowledge that I have that kids don't, and who read a book and take a test to get some kind of technician degree, who then think they are master geeks and know every thing.

I get PC's that others have tried days to fix and charge the customer as much as a new PC. I can some times fix the problem in 30 minutes (not always of course). If the customer finds out, they want to pay a fraction of what is reasonable because they think it was an easy fix. So that's why I have a 48 hour turn around time on every PC I take in. Or they can pay extra for same day service. I'm always cheaper than any one else but again, they think if it's done quickly it should be almost free because they are used to others taking a week to fix their problems in the past.

Next time, you may need to take the parts in the back room and have a soft drink and wait a while 'till you finish the job
Well, they dang sure won't whine to the HVAC, Plumber OR eLECTRICAL GUY

Old 03-17-2011, 11:37 AM

****"My CEL is on and someone told me I have an EVAP leak"

Your CEL is NOT on because you (or your buddy or whoever) erased the memory 30 starts ago AND it passed LDP monitor test 2 times.

"Oh my! So there's nothing wrong with my car?"

Well, maybe there once was but you've just disabled me from doing anything about it or having any chance of a lead on the issue.

"So then why are you charging me diagnostic fee?"

#####################

*****Lady comes in says her AC doesn't blow cold. Tech spots a leak in a hose (2009 Minivan...there's a recall BTW) Tech fixes leak and sends her on her way. She comes back a few days later after a loong trip to the gulf coast. Bitches like CRAAAZY that we didn't fix her AC and she had to sweat and suffer for a 20 hour trip. "You messed up my car"!!! and other explatives she spews. Makes a complete *** out of herself all the while belittling everyone involved.

Ummm, ma'am? You have to push that button in that looks like a snowflake! That turns on the AC... "Why didn't someone tell me that?!?!

#############################

******Ram truck PCM "No Response" PCM came from one of those internet sites that does rebuilds. Waited 2 weeks for a new one to be shipped. Install the new one....NO RESPONSE! OK, im not stupid I know I did the pinouts right...TWICE. Removed a PCM from a like vehicle...RESPONSE within 10 seconds... Put the old one back on....No RESPONSE. Guy at internet site huffs and puffs and explains how they would not send out a PCM with no response because they put it on a 5.9 "Dyno" whatever the hell that means.....LOL

Old 03-17-2011, 08:02 PM

Guy at internet site huffs and puffs and explains how they would not send out a PCM with no response because they put it on a 5.9 "Dyno" whatever the hell that means.....LOL
Same scenario....But mine is a caravan with an EGR code..when...GUESS WHAT......TheRe was NEVER an EGR equipped on the vehicle....

"You just have to flash it".....

Now the General public wouldnt know any better...which is why I inherited this lump in the first place...But once you program a PCM for a specific configuration, you may only update the EXISTING configuration.....So the PCM IS JUNK...."But the guy on the NET TOLD ME..........."

Of course I'm the bad guy now...

K14 Sliding door recall...... Van comes in with 2 shopping bags full of wire and plastic links...and NOTHING in the hinge Channels . Order him 2 wire tracks, install them and send him on his way.....Because He wont pay the diag fee to find out why they still dont work.....The recall should have fixed the sliding doors to Brand new condition ...at least in his mind.....

Well ...after 48 hours , 3 police reports ,and at least 10 bags of ice......The swelling has gone down, he's in a cell, and I'm back to work....

AND MY BOSS DOESNT WANT ME TO PRESS CHARGES...................

Old 03-17-2011, 09:57 PM
Super Moderator

a cust got in a fist fight with u over a car that he tore apart? man hes all mad a crap at the wrong person.

we all have stores like this well not the fighting one U should be ashamed of yourself U should have kicked his *** hehe

Old 03-17-2011, 10:38 PM

Agreed, But as it stands, he is 100% wrong, with absolutely NO WAY of justifying his actions.

My Svc manager is completely behind me, but the Owner has other ideas...

Old 03-18-2011, 09:01 AM

Man, we have the conversation at least once a week about how people in general have lost their minds. Flame-outs like we've never seen before...over STUPID $hit too. I know it's just not the auto biz, it's everywhere. People are especially nuts about their cars. They are under the impression that because it cost so much new it must be some indestructible entity when, in fact it's just a damn machine. Hey, I didn't hold a gun to your head and make you buy something that depreciates by 50% the first 2 years and only has a specified warranty....lol.

Last edited by TNtech; 03-18-2011 at 09:05 AM.
Old 03-18-2011, 02:50 PM
Super Moderator
Old 05-07-2011, 10:50 AM

Nothing new guys? Burned out so soon? lol.

Tech did a shifter recall the other day. Unloaded the usual 10 pounds of crap people stuff in their center consoles. Just happened to leave some napkins from the console laying on the seat by accident. Customer accuses the guy of driving his car to lunch and eating in his car.

Good one this week from the land of ""Take it to another shop, get screwed, then bring it to us""

Customer has a CEL on. Takes it to a tune-up franchise that touts accuracy and Precision (wink) does a tune-up, wires, cap, rotor and oil change on a 2.5L Sebring. Total cost $700. OMG...what!!??!!??!!A crank sensor and 300 bucks later the car is fixed and on their way.

I wonder if they were Precise in determininghow much the customer's refund should be? Just sayin'...

Quick Reply: HAve A heart, People!