Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear brake caliper fitting

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 03:58 PM
Default Rear brake caliper fitting

I have 2005 voyager 2.5 crd. I need replacement rear caliper to left-passenger side. I saw in Ebay one in good condition but it came from Chrysler Grand Voyager 2.8 CRD right-Driver side. What you think will it fit to my car-left side:. For me looks same but to be sure i ask you who knows more.. Thank you

This one:

CHRYSLER VOYAGER 2.8 CRD O/S/R DRIVERS Rear Brake Caliper | eBay

Old 07-16-2015, 02:58 AM

Hi there,

I'm pretty sure you have to pick the correct one, pipes, fitting, etc, are slightly biased to the direction they're fitted, so you'd struggle.

But having a quick search I also found:

CHRYSLER GRAND VOYAGER 2.8 CRD N/S/R PASSENGER SIDE Rear Brake Caliper | eBay

Which although is from the 2006 I believe these are identical, certainly has the same fittings, etc, as mine, which is the 2005 mk4 chassis.

Any reason not to go with a new part from local distributor? Or they not stocking them?

Old 07-16-2015, 06:47 AM

2.5. 2.8 or 3.3 or NS / OS - providing the year is correct - are interchangeable. The 'banjo' fitting is swappable to L or R, see below.

Old 07-16-2015, 11:14 AM

Maybe will go with new one. Problem is that on my caliper bleed nut snapped. and i didnt get it out. This one i showed was in good condition and bleed nut seems to be still good as well. i saw that near side one as well but this bleed nut looks same bad as mine. so not worth to risk and buy it and then snap this one also. Anyway later i asked from seller if on picture is actual caliper that buyer will get and he said No.
Looks like simple pads replacement turned to be much bigger job. actually i snapped both mine ..they were that bad. but didnt tried to get other one out yet. I was thinking about Screw Extractor,,but im not sure if screw extractor will help. Reading from internet and not many had success with these to remove bleed nuts. Because it is really stuck.

Old 07-16-2015, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by imtattoo80
Maybe will go with new one. Problem is that on my caliper bleed nut snapped. and i didnt get it out. This one i showed was in good condition and bleed nut seems to be still good as well. i saw that near side one as well but this bleed nut looks same bad as mine. so not worth to risk and buy it and then snap this one also. Anyway later i asked from seller if on picture is actual caliper that buyer will get and he said No.
Looks like simple pads replacement turned to be much bigger job. actually i snapped both mine ..they were that bad. but didnt tried to get other one out yet. I was thinking about Screw Extractor,,but im not sure if screw extractor will help. Reading from internet and not many had success with these to remove bleed nuts. Because it is really stuck.
- that's not how you undo [you get only one chance] a seized thread - you use heat, as in acetylene or at least propane
- sometimes wasting money on a Rothenberger torch is the best money you ever wasted - you need around 2k°C
- best of luck