300M, Concorde, LHS, New Yorker Discuss the Chrysler LH platform cars within.

OIL PRESSURE LIGHT

Old 05-12-2011, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by 02ramsport
The sensor is an analog signal. At rest it measures about 7 OHMs and resistance increases as pressure rises. Could you be a little more specific as to where you drilled a "relief" hole. Thanks, Jim
Hello Jim,

I can't say for sure, it's been done by a good master in a service. The only thing i remember he's said that it's only one wire sensor and the hole in the sensor's housing is safe. Probably he has even removed some rubber ring surrounding the wire.

Old 05-13-2011, 08:30 AM
Default Oil pressure sensor

Thanks, Jim

Old 07-18-2011, 04:40 PM
Default What the heck?

Originally Posted by ShadeTree
I went to the dealership to pick up this $27.50 part and was shocked to find that it looks like a piece of 18awg wire with a female stak-on connector crimped on one end. The wire is inside a piece of corrugated loom and it had electrical tape "sealing" the ends of the loom. Now, can anyone tell me that this "fix" is more than just a makeshift heat sink? Someone please tell me that there is more to this part than about 12 cents of junk drawer filler that they're charging a ridiculous amount for. I didn't buy it. I'm going to make my own and try it out. I'll let you know what the results are.

I agree this TSB and the related P/N 05017800AA looks suspicious. My daughter's 2004 Sebring had this blinking oil light problem at idle, then after a year it started coming on even at 2000 rpm so we stopped driving immediately. I bought this part. If you follow the directions in this post exactly as written, you end up with two wires coming out of the connector and there is only one male tab on the sensor. So you end up with the original wire connected to the original sensor tab - how the Hell does that fix anything??????

I have it all a apart right now - I'd like more clarification before I put this all back together. Thanks for any help

Old 07-18-2011, 04:48 PM
Default What?????

Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH
I did this on my 99 Condorde with a 2.7

NO: 08-36-99 SUBJECT: Engine Oil Pressure Light Flicker DATE: Oct. 15, 1999 OVERVIEW: This bulletin involves adding a terminal/wire/vent to the oil pressure switch connector. NOTE: THIS BULLETIN APPLIES TO VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH A 2.7L ENGINE. SYMPTOM/CONDITION: With a hot engine the oil pressure light may be on or flicker on at idle. DIAGNOSIS: Verify engine oil pressure as described on page 9-21 of the 1999 Concorde/Intrepid/LHS/300M service manual (Publication No. 81-270-9140). If engine oil pressure is within specification perform the Repair Procedure. PARTS REQUIRED: Qty Part No. Description 1 05017800AA Wire Terminal/Vent REPAIR PROCEDURE: [ol][*]Raise vehicle on a suitable hoist.[*]Remove engine oil pressure switch connector from switch.[*]Remove sealing dart from the empty cavity at the rear of the connector.[*]Pull terminal locking ring outward from front (switch) side of connector to gain access to terminal locking tabs.[*]Install wire terminal/vent, p/n 05017800AA, in place of the removed sealing dart. Slide locking ring back into place.[*]Attach the connector back on the oil pressure switch.[*]Spot tape the wire/vent to follow the harness towards the top of the engine compartment[/ol]

I realize this is an old post, but I'm having this problem right now.
This TSB and the related P/N 05017800AA looks suspicious. My daughter's 2004 Sebring had this blinking oil light problem at idle, then after a year it started coming on even at 2000 rpm so we stopped driving immediately. I bought this part. If you follow the directions in this post exactly as written, you end up with two wires coming out of the connector and there is only one male tab on the sensor. So you end up with the original wire connected to the original sensor tab - how the Hell does that fix anything??????

I have her car all apart right now - I'd like more clarification before I put this all back together. Thanks for any help.