Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Driver Door Window Issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2023, 09:22 AM

The smartglass relearn is more involved. Part of the procedure is forcing a diagnostic code in the ddcm (driver door control module) making it necessary for the ddcm reset to the up/down limits.

There is a sensor in the door latch assembly that determines if the door is open or closed apart from the actual door latch itself. The smartglass drop is initiated by the door handle but kept down by the door open sensor and raised when the door sensor indicates closed.

The appcar-diagFCA app (windows only) can access all of the many control modules in the vehicle and will give you access to the ddcm diagnostic codes as well as the states of the various sensors (e.g. door open). The cost for the app and obd link adapter is about $100. If you ever have convertible top issues, the app is essential. If you do happen to get top issues, I suggest visiting 'sebringclub.net', dedicated to the care and feeding of chrysler convertibles.

Last edited by ggoose; 08-08-2023 at 09:24 AM.
Old 08-08-2023, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by ggoose
The smartglass relearn is more involved. Part of the procedure is forcing a diagnostic code in the ddcm (driver door control module) making it necessary for the ddcm reset to the up/down limits.

There is a sensor in the door latch assembly that determines if the door is open or closed apart from the actual door latch itself. The smartglass drop is initiated by the door handle but kept down by the door open sensor and raised when the door sensor indicates closed.

The appcar-diagFCA app (windows only) can access all of the many control modules in the vehicle and will give you access to the ddcm diagnostic codes as well as the states of the various sensors (e.g. door open). The cost for the app and obd link adapter is about $100. If you ever have convertible top issues, the app is essential. If you do happen to get top issues, I suggest visiting 'sebringclub.net', dedicated to the care and feeding of chrysler convertibles.
Once again, thanks for your help in this.
So after my description above of the symptoms of my problem that you have read, can I assume it is of your opinion that this is the route that I need to go to have the sensor in the door latch assembly relearn? The other issue is that I do not have Windows, so I am left with the question of another route to go to perform this relearn..Would you suggest a dealer?
And will look into the other website...

Old 08-08-2023, 12:22 PM

The smartglass relearn procedure was attached in post #9