Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

It's going to be a busy "vacation"...

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2021, 05:17 PM

Got the Blackstone results back for the mystery oil that was in it. Not bad, really... better than expected.

Little bit of extra iron floating around in there, but they provided a list of possible explanations and that list is quite accurately describing conditions the vehicle sees on a regular basis. Nailed it. Lol.

Anyways, I installed a magnetic drain plug when I changed the oil... so that should help pick up any excess iron going forward. Not going to give thrm an apples to apples comparison next test, but whatever.

Old 08-28-2021, 03:10 AM

The shock tower brace finally decided to show up, so I installed that today. Got four new nuts and a brand new torque wrench, too. Funny story, the nuts came in Mitsubishi bags. Lol. Anyways, I alternated driver outside/passenger outside, driver inside/passenger inside... not sure if it matters or not, but that's what I did.

Took the opportunity to tighten up everything on the catch can... just to be certain.

From the little bit of ~45mph driving around town I have done since the install, I seem to notice more responsive steering... as if before, the body had deflected enough to absorb the first few degrees when turning the steering wheel before the car started to turn... now it does not seem to have quite the delay between turning the wheel and when the car actually starts to turn.

There is also feedback into the steering wheel from uneven roads... once again, as if the body would twist enough to compensate for a crowned road without the suspension ever having to actually adjust. And now, it seems that a crowned surface moves the suspension enough to actually feel.

It very well could all be in my head, just me trying to verify my purchases to myself. Lol. I will know for certain next time I get to go play in the hills with it...

Pic:

Old 09-02-2021, 03:50 AM

great

Old 10-04-2021, 01:54 PM

Fixed my sagging headliner with 3M aerosol adhesive. Took like 3 minutes...