Chrysler 300, 300C & 300C SRT-8 The flagship of the Chrysler lineup offers the driver every bit of class of any European luxury sedan, combined with the availability of the Hemi, the engine which dominated the American Muscle Car Era

Help needed

Old 06-23-2011, 02:57 PM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1
Default Help needed

My wifes 2006 300 touring will not come out of park. The dealer said it could be signal lights, brake lights, or backup lights out keeping it from shifting. Any ideas? Also heard there may some kind of 'reset' button?
Old 06-23-2011, 04:03 PM
Super Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Norcross GA
Posts: 8,108

the shifters are known to just lock up
Old 06-30-2011, 08:31 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 7

Sounds like you have the same problem MANY others in the 2005 - 2007 vehicles. It may (probably) be the Park Lockout Mechinism. It's a cheap plastic pink part in the shifter. Chrysler will not replace the one part. Only the whole shifter with an upgraded nylon "Quality is Job NONE" part. See my post After you confirm that is the problem you can buy an aluminum after market part from Park Lock Out, Pink Thing Replacement, Dodge Charger, Dodge Magnum, Chrysler 300, 2005, 2006, 2007, Stuck in park, Wont shift. The part is an exact replica only made with quality materials. I used that and it will never break in my opinion. I took it to a local mechanic. I could have done it myself but I had a lot of trouble removing the trim and didn't want to break it and have to buy that also. Chrysler manual says 1 hour R/R the shifter. The mechanic charged me 1 hour for R/R and .3 hours for opening the shifter and replacing the part. I didn't take pictures but the above link shows you everything you need.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:25 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NE PENN
Posts: 992


The mounting pivot is still plastic.....When your aluminum Replacement Digs in and snaps the pivot...You have no Choice but to replace the shifter.

Now.....As for chrysler not fixing the broken part.......Call your local dealership, have your Vin Number handy, and Inquire about Recal "K39".....

If you have already performed the repair, you may be entitled to re-imbursement from the claims department......

And Just for Giggles.....Take that QUALITY IS JOB NONE nonsense back to FORD where it Belongs....
Related Topics
Thread Starter
Last Post
Cirrus & Breeze
06-18-2007 06:44 PM
Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country
06-01-2007 10:50 AM
Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country
04-24-2007 06:42 PM
Audio/Visual Electronics
03-19-2007 07:52 PM
Chrysler 300, 300C & 300C SRT-8
05-27-2005 09:25 PM

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help needed

Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to and affiliated sites.