Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

2008 Aspen P0521 code suggestions?

Old 04-10-2019, 06:52 AM
Default 2008 Aspen P0521 code suggestions?

This code has recently come up on my Aspen and Iíve tried a few fixes with negative results.

I changed the the oil pressure sensor with a new OEM unit and cleared the code. Light came back on the same day.

I had an oil change about a month earlier and thought that maybe they used the wrong oil. Had a fresh oil change done with 5W-20. Light came back on the next day.

What else can I try? Itís been a couple of weeks since I first got the code, and if I had no oil pressure Iím sure it would have blown up by now.

Could it be the pump somehow?

I really don't donít want to take it to the dealer seeing as itís a ten year old truck with 140k on the clock, but I love it and want it fixed right.

Many help would be appreciated!

Old 04-13-2019, 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by Sessholvlaru View Post
This code has recently come up on my Aspen and I’ve tried a few fixes with negative results.

I changed the the oil pressure sensor with a new OEM unit and cleared the code. Light came back on the same day.

I had an oil change about a month earlier and thought that maybe they used the wrong oil. Had a fresh oil change done with 5W-20. Light came back on the next day.

What else can I try? It’s been a couple of weeks since I first got the code, and if I had no oil pressure I’m sure it would have blown up by now.

Could it be the pump somehow?

I really don't don’t want to take it to the dealer seeing as it’s a ten year old truck with 140k on the clock, but I love it and want it fixed right.

Many help would be appreciated!
Not an expert, just a shade tree mechanic. But yes from what I can tell it could be the oil pump or the pcm. Or electrical with the wiring to the sensor to the pcm. If it's every been run dry or severely abused it could be worn rings etc. I assume you are not seeing any contamination in the oil? But it's not old enough or has the miles for regular use and normal care to have that happen imo. Were you low on oil when you changed after a month? If so how much?

Last edited by themps; 04-13-2019 at 12:39 AM.