Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

2009 check engine light

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 05:00 PM
Default 2009 check engine light

Hi guys!
My name is Jessica, nice to meet you . I am a new owner of a used 2009 Chrysler Aspen. It was low mileage when I bought it a month ago (75k). I took it on its first road trip with me after 2 weeks of purchase and driving up through a mountain the check engine light started flashing rapidly in my face and beeping. I took it to the dealership and they replaced a coil and spark plugs. They also sent it to another mechanic and he couldn't find anything else wrong. I haven't had problems with the car since, HOWEVER, I also have not taken it on another trip yet. In 5 days we are driving from Phoenix, AZ to San Diego and the thought of the mountains make me nervous. I have read some reviews about the powertrain and there were a couple other people who had flashy check engine lights come on and nothing to diagnose.... I want to know opinions here! Is there anyone with an aspen who has experience with travel and check engine lights? Should I continue to be concerned or is this a common issue? Thanks!

Old 06-21-2017, 05:53 PM

I don't know Why the Dealer will send it to another shop it just don't make cense in my head. I know a cylinder misfire will make you Check engine light blink. Now I can also see a bad coil or coils as well as spark plugs causing misfire. If spark plugs were change and coils I don't think you should worry about it, I mean its a common problem when you have high miles but you have made repairs already so just keep an eye on you gages and I think you will b all right.

Old 06-21-2017, 06:17 PM

Thank you. I do tend to worry about things sometimes with cars and trips. The dealer sent it to another mechanic because after the coil and plugs were changed they thought it was still throwing a code that they apparently couldn't recognize. But the other mechanic didn't find anything else wrong. I guess I'll work on relaxing lol