Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

Has anyone seen this or is already using it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 10:47 AM
Default Has anyone seen this or is already using it?

Just wondering!
http://www.coastaletech.com/MYGIG.htm

Old 05-02-2008, 05:43 PM
Default RE: Has anyone seen this or is already using it?

I hate to say it, but here goes. I think something like this should be banned. I found myself looking at my screen one time at a red light, I started moving with traffic, still looking at the screen, and almost rear ended the guy in front of me. Something so simple, but yet could be so dangerous. I was only doing the minimum speed before the "in motion" police came, but I couldn't imagine at highway speed what could happen. This is just MY experience and MY thoughts tho.

Old 05-02-2008, 09:31 PM

I think it's ok, let the passenger use it to enter directions, or whatever, after all as the driver you should pay attention to what you're doing, I don't think you'd press the gas petal with your eyes closed. Let the individual decide what's best for them, not ban something, they keep it up we won't be able to do anything, because people can't use some common sense.

Old 05-02-2008, 10:56 PM

I agree with you on the "let the individual decide for themself", but if weALL did what was right, then there would be no laws, just common sense rules.

I'm willing to bet that if someone driving waswatching a movie on theirscreen, andrear ended you in your new car because of a video, you wouldn't be impressed. I know I wouldn't.

I will also state that I think there is more of us who use our common sense than those who don't.... Again, these are justMY thoughts and opinions.

Old 05-03-2008, 12:07 PM

I don't think it should be banned at all. If you watch the video in action at the bottom of that page, it does so much more. You can have the camera on at all times for example, which would be cool if you were towing something.

Old 05-03-2008, 04:34 PM

Well I ordered one with the video cable. See how longit takes to come in, and I'll let you know how it plays. It also comes with the lastest upgrade for the MyGig, hopefully that'll resolve my bluetooth issues, we'll see.

Old 05-03-2008, 07:55 PM

Please let me know how good it really is. Also tell me how easy it was to install, I'm curious. It looks like a neat thing to have.

Old 11-13-2008, 08:40 PM

seems a little pricey, the dealer said mine was restricted because my state has a law against viewing while u are driving, not all states have this law so in some states the radiowont be restricted right ? there has to be a cheaper easyer way to fix this

Old 11-14-2008, 12:11 PM

I put it in with a license plate camera, and everything works great, I like having to camera, I don't have to turn around when backing up, but all functions work great, and very easy to install, and it came with the latest update for the mygig, I think it was worth it, see how long it lasts, but so far flawless. I got the camera off e-bay, a pain to install because of the trunk moving in 2 directions, I needed to careful how I ran the video cable.