Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

04 Pacifica Stalling/hesitating

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2019, 04:40 PM
Default 2005 pacifica

I had similar problem come to find out I had 2 broken motor mounts... Hope this helps
Originally Posted by rambuck
Tried searching the forum, but didn't come across this issue.

'04 with 105k miles. Check engine light came on. The car started stalling intermittently and in some cases would start hesitating. Seemed to mostly happen after stopping at a light/stop sign. However, other times it will start bucking/hesitating while driving. Some times it will hesitate so bad that you have to take your foot off the gas completely, if you try to give it gas it falls flat, like it is running out of gas. Other times, after taking off from a stop light it just completely shuts off (stalls) with no warning. Turning the key completely off and then restarting it and it will run just fine.
Autzone scanned the codes and said it was the Cam Position Sensor (don't recall the code). I replaced that, but the light came back on. Ran the codes again, P0135 and P0344. Upstream O2 sensor and Cam Position Sensor, as per the guy at Autozone. So, replaced the O2 sensore AND the Cam Position sensor (again). Light came back on, same codes. So I took it to a shop. They said it was the O2 sensor and the Crankshaft Position Sensor. So, I replaced the O2 sensor (again) and the crankshaft Position sensor. Threw on a new TPS just for the heck of it.
Light came on after 10 miles. Same codes, 135 and 344.
I have disconnected the battery each time, the guy at Autozone states that you must clear the codes with a scanner, however they won't do it.

I can seem to figure this out and the fact that it is intermittent really compounds matters.

Any help or insight is greatly appreciated.

Old 09-25-2021, 12:50 PM
Default Crankshaft positioning sensor

The crankshaft positioning sensor it is actually located just below the differential housing which is if you're facing the vehicle it's going to be on the right side before you get to the battery in the back and kind of hidden behind the where the differential housing is you can actually feel down there it's it plugs in and then you have to screw a bolt into the side of it but it's right down behind or just below the differential housing which is weird most of the time they're on the back of the Motor Inn in in or around about the center but it took me quite a while to find mine so hopefully this will help you