Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

2018 Pacifica uConnect Issues - Cannot Get Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2019, 01:38 PM
Exclamation 2018 Pacifica uConnect Issues - Cannot Get Help

I purchased a 2018 Chrysler Pacifica Limited (used) in February 2019. It is still under warranty.
Everything was fine until we took it on a trip to SC.

During the trip, the uConnect system froze. Since it control nearly everything; no clock, no radio control, no climate control, no navigation system, no WIFI, you get the picture. I Googled how to do a "soft reset". Nothing happened. When I reached SC, I took it to a dealer. They fixed it telling me it needed a software update. It worked fine for the trip home.

When a got home, Chrysler pushed out an over the air software update which seemed to load okay.

A few days later I noticed that the presets for the radio would change to some sort of default every time I turned the car off and back on. I took it to my local dealer. They said they checked all of the connections and is "working fine". They said that Chrysler had a service bulletin out that an over the air software update was coming out "any day". When I got in the vehicle to leave, the thing would not even power up.

The dealer kept the car. Chrysler want them run tests and send the results. then run more test based on the results. The dealer has had my vehicle two weeks. The dealer says they would like to just replace the unit. But Chrysler says no. They think it needs a software update but they don't know what or when this will come about.

The dealer gave me a number to call Chrysler. I did so and they started a case file and said someone would call be back the next business day. So far....nothing.

Has anyone out there had this problem? If so did you reach a resolution?

Old 02-13-2020, 08:49 PM
Default what happened?

Originally Posted by NewTouringOwner2008
I purchased a 2018 Chrysler Pacifica Limited (used) in February 2019. It is still under warranty.
Everything was fine until we took it on a trip to SC.

During the trip, the uConnect system froze. Since it control nearly everything; no clock, no radio control, no climate control, no navigation system, no WIFI, you get the picture. I Googled how to do a "soft reset". Nothing happened. When I reached SC, I took it to a dealer. They fixed it telling me it needed a software update. It worked fine for the trip home.

When a got home, Chrysler pushed out an over the air software update which seemed to load okay.

A few days later I noticed that the presets for the radio would change to some sort of default every time I turned the car off and back on. I took it to my local dealer. They said they checked all of the connections and is "working fine". They said that Chrysler had a service bulletin out that an over the air software update was coming out "any day". When I got in the vehicle to leave, the thing would not even power up.

The dealer kept the car. Chrysler want them run tests and send the results. then run more test based on the results. The dealer has had my vehicle two weeks. The dealer says they would like to just replace the unit. But Chrysler says no. They think it needs a software update but they don't know what or when this will come about.

The dealer gave me a number to call Chrysler. I did so and they started a case file and said someone would call be back the next business day. So far....nothing.

Has anyone out there had this problem? If so did you reach a resolution?
I just purchased a 2019 in December and the screen went black 1 week ago and only shows signs of life when put in reverse with the screen backlight working but nothing else. Took to local dealer service and they said it was a radio short and it would be delivered for replacement in 4 days. Then they called me on day 4 and said the radio replacement request has not been approved by Chrysler and the wait is indefinite until Chrysler decides? I am taking it back to my dealer to see what they can do, but with temps dipping into 40s and 2 kids, this is a safety issue since I cannot control the air. Did you every get a resolve? Any tips? I am furious that no one seems to care.