Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Function buttons lights!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 07:24 PM
Default Function buttons lights!!!!

On my 04 Pac I have a few buttons that do not light up at night, such as 3 of the arrows on the NAV, the buttons to to the left of the NAV like the menu, step, reset..........well all of them, and one button for the fan speed does not light up anymore. Can these be opened up and replaced or am I just at a loss at night. My other Chysler products have over 200k on them and none of those light have ever gone out in the funtion buttons.

Old 12-11-2007, 08:16 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Function buttons lights!!!!

u get to live with it or buy a new radio

Old 12-12-2007, 08:13 AM

Why do Tech's just give a quick reply and never a real answer as to why it can not be fixed? I mean my father owns a Chrysler dealership and the tech there is the same way, always "nope it can not be done". Like in my blown up 2.7 to 3.2 conversion, I was told by to different techs at 2 different dealerships that it would never work. Funny over a year now and I have had no problems with my repowered 3.2 in the Intrepid at all...........went in fine and runs great.
I would rather have an understanding of why or why not something would or would not work. Also there is nothing wrong with my radio, where in my post did Istate radio?Has not anyone on here even tried to fix them? I am not going to purchase any new unit because of a light, and I know for a fact that there are things out there that I have tore into and fixed that I have been told in no way can it be..........I do not want to work for a dealership (politics, lol)I have my own performance shop, and funny how I get a lot of calls froma couple of the dealers around my area, asking if something can be done, or I get there work, or Ihead over to bail them out, and no not my dads, he is 3 hours away form me.
CT I am not trying to doubt you at all, maybe they can not be fixed, but like I have one tech that told me once, "we are trained byDC and do not have the time to see what would or would not work. If the book (computer)says it can not, thenthat is the way it is.......non serviceable item. However if I figure it out I willpostif it canor can not and what I did. I am usually looking for people that have tried to understand why or why not.

Old 12-12-2007, 09:49 AM
Super Moderator

This got to be the best performance of playing a violin I have heard in awhile. Why do all bla bla bla hehe humm if u think u hear it from some one 2 different places dont u think that might be some sorta credit to that? Or i know u did not hear what answer u wanted so u haft to get mad at some one well go ahead and give it to me I am a big boy I will take it so the rest of the people on here that take the advise given and use it instead of bitching about what they haft to do. As for u wanting to know in detail what or why something happens I or other can not give such info because when we get stuff this are in the after affects on what made it happen. As for your issue with the radio by my guest take apart the radio and look for yourself I have already having to remove stuck CDs in there the lights are small leds and not replaceable by service. SO with that info u are armed to do as u wish and what ever the outcome is to your own liking and results.

Old 12-12-2007, 10:06 AM

WOW!!! What a great guy............why would I whine?, and again there is NOTHING WRONG WITH MY RADIO.!!!!!!
Am I mad at the first response? Nope, I am not, but your second one has been less than up to what I would call a great post.
I have NOT asked anyone else about the lights other than here on this forum, I thought I would put it out and see what someone else might have to say or may have tried.
I only referenced what a few Service Techs have stated in the past about other things that they told me that could not be done, funny how we we all learned from that, never have I asked anything about my Pac.
If anyones feelings got hurt to the tune of a violin it was yours, since you still think I am talking aboutsome dang radio who knows what you are reading on here or interpeting..................I would never have thought a proclaimedTech would even want to say what you posted, that is not at all professional......hmmm.
Then to think you are a moderator,wow, just simply wow.........unreal.