Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

No Heat; Blower Works

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 09:20 PM

Thanks all. I will call the dealership tomorrow to discuss. After my brother-in-law filled the antifreeze up, he took it for a 1/2 hour spin. Temp gauge was OK, but no heat. Is a half hour a long enough time for the air to get out of the system and heat to operate? He didn't check the air conditioner.

When they said water pump, my assumption was that antifreeze is leaking from a seal or something from the water pump. I'll ask the tech to check the antifreeze level tomorrow (Tuesday) and see if it's down again.

More ideas welcome. Thanks for your expertise and ideas.

Old 02-10-2010, 07:26 PM

Well, thanks for all the ideas and advice. Not being "on location" the Chrysler dealer replaced the water pump, thermostat and belt for total of $850 (too expensive!). Wife drove home from St. Louis warm today. Now it's on to replacing the lower control arms - I'm going to tackle that. Does this forum have a "how to" section/thread on doing this? Thanks. Weekend Wrench.

Old 02-11-2010, 02:42 AM

Glad you are up and running but I have never heard of this repair to fix a heater. Not sure about the how to as most of these were replaced under warranty.

Old 02-11-2010, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Weekend Wrench
Well, thanks for all the ideas and advice. Not being "on location" the Chrysler dealer replaced the water pump, thermostat and belt for total of $850 (too expensive!). Wife drove home from St. Louis warm today. Now it's on to replacing the lower control arms - I'm going to tackle that. Does this forum have a "how to" section/thread on doing this? Thanks. Weekend Wrench.
Did the dealer tell you what was wrong with water pump?

Old 02-11-2010, 02:22 PM

I was not informed what was wrong with the water pump; I was third-hand to the repair as my wife was with the car out of town.

Again, I'll search the forum, but if anyone knows of a site that nicely explains the replacement of lower control arms ('05 Pacifica), much appreciated. Can't seem to find a Chilton's for a Pacifica. Thanks. Weekend Wrench.

Old 02-11-2010, 10:46 PM

Removal
(1) Raise and support vehicle.
(2) Remove wheel and tire assembly.
(3) Remove steering knuckle.
(4) Remove bolts and nuts (with flags if equipped) attaching lower control arm to engine cradle.
Installation
(1) Position lower control arm into brackets on
engine cradle.
NOTE: If equipped with flag nuts, when installing lower control arm-to-cradle REAR mounting bolts, ensure flags on mounting nuts are positioned as follows to avoid contact with lower control arm (LCA) once bolts are tightened:
- Left LCA rear flag nut – flag positioned upward (above LCA)
- Right LCA rear flag nut – flag positioned downward (below LCA). Flags on front mounting nuts are self explanatory.
(2) Install NEW bolts attaching lower control arm bushings to engine cradle. Install bolts from rear as shown. Thread bolts into properly positioned nuts (with flags if equipped). (See preceding note). Do not tighten bolts at this time.
(3) Install steering knuckle, brake rotor and caliper.
(4) Install tire and wheel assembly. Tighten wheel mounting nuts to 135 N·m (100 ft. lbs.) torque.
(5) Lower vehicle.
(6) Position vehicle on alignment rack/drive-on hoist. Raise vehicle as necessary to access mounting bolts.
(7) Tighten lower control arm frame mounting bolts to 163 N·m (120 ft. lbs.)torque.
(8) Perform wheel alignment.

Last edited by Virglijus; 02-12-2010 at 01:21 PM.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:49 AM

Thank you Mr. Virglijus!

I will report back with my results!

Weekend Wrench