Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Power Seat Recline Motor

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 08:53 PM
Default Power Seat Recline Motor

I'm looking to see if anyone has ever replaced the power seat recline motor. Mine has gone and need to replace it and I can't find any info on replacing it or the part number for it.
Please help with any help you can give as far as trying to get the seat to return to normal angle (currently able to drive but laid back!) and replace of the motor and where to find it inexpensively.

Thank you!
Jason

Old 01-27-2011, 09:23 PM

The Motors are not available seperately, The seat Track must be replaced.

Now, having said that, look under the seat for a section of steel cable that has popped off the track......Very rarely they may be reatattched, but its worth a shot.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:11 PM
Default Confused

I'm sorry Djinn-n-Tonic, but i don't understand...So the seat track kit includes the motor? I don't understand how replacing the seat track would resolve the issue of the motor no longer being able to retract the seat from a flat/laying position up to normal.

Old 01-28-2011, 10:28 AM

I am not inclined to argue with an active Chrysler mechanic. With that said however, my '05 factory manual indicates that power recline function is a product of a "powered hinge" if you will. In other words, the inboard hinge has a built in tilt motor function. Looking at my '05 limited I can see the geared hinge and motor drive shaft on the inside corner of both seats. The directions indicate you remove the seat back trim and pull up the cover to expose the hinge/motor. It indicates it is not a serviceable part and must be replaced as a unit (hinge/motor) if faulty. I don't find the part listed separately on chryslerpartsdirect.com so you might want to stop by a dealer parts counter. I have found my local folks to be very helpful and willing to print out a parts diagram etc.

Good luck with it. Sounds annoying.