Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Rear Window wont go all the way up.

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2020, 05:15 PM
Default Rear Window wont go all the way up.

As the title states, my rear driver window wont go all the way up, it sits about an inch below where it should be and yet the motor acts like its all the way up. For context, the window would fall down so i replaced the regulator thinking that was the problem, but it turns out the flange that holds the window and clips into the guide broke so i had to replace the whole window. Now it just wont go all the way up, ive checked and its not the regulator as theres still room on the rail, its almost as if the motor position needs to be reset however i cant find any procedure to do so. Ive also pulled the IOD fuse and that didnt fix the problem either. Does anyone have any ideas because im at a loss of what to try, and id really like to avoid taking it to the stealership if at all possible.

Also its a 2008 Limited with the FWD 4.0 v6

Old 11-23-2020, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Joshua
As the title states, my rear driver window wont go all the way up, it sits about an inch below where it should be and yet the motor acts like its all the way up. For context, the window would fall down so i replaced the regulator thinking that was the problem, but it turns out the flange that holds the window and clips into the guide broke so i had to replace the whole window. Now it just wont go all the way up, ive checked and its not the regulator as theres still room on the rail, its almost as if the motor position needs to be reset however i cant find any procedure to do so. Ive also pulled the IOD fuse and that didnt fix the problem either. Does anyone have any ideas because im at a loss of what to try, and id really like to avoid taking it to the stealership if at all possible.

Also its a 2008 Limited with the FWD 4.0 v6
Disconnect the regulator & take a multi meter or continuity tester to the hot wire (from the switch) and roll it up to see if the current stops at the point the window would stop (1inch below) if it were connected. I am just guessing, but I suspect you might be able to position the glass all the way up or all the way down, press the switch until it stops (up or down depending what position the glass is placed), then plug in the regulator. My public library has Alldata, which shops use for a resource to fix just about everything on a car. You might find some information at your nearest library.