Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another P1130 problem on Voyager 2.5crd

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 07:06 AM
Default P1130 and fuel filter

Hi

Thank you again for extra pictures

Problem with my car is sort of similar
I got P1130 fault code but I had this code for last 9 months
and even Chrysler garage said that as long as car drives ok
I shouldn’t worry too much as It could be some old fault code
which has not been cleared
There are no lights on the dashboard indication any problems
Only when you jiggle ignition with your car key the code will show up

There are no other codes

Never had any problems with the car, driving around Europe and Alps

However in December last year engine cut out on me few times out of blue
after driving for only 3-5 miles

Maybe its coincidence but it happened after I have put diesel from different petrol station
than BP or Shell

Symptoms are:
Engine cuts out like of fuel starvation while all the electrics are working

When it died I started it immediately and was ok to drive
On one occasion it cut out only once over around 20 miles journey
On another one it cut out only once over 80 miles journey
On last one it started cutting out after it done about 5 miles every 1mile or less
so I've decided to crawl back slowly home

I couldn’t accelerate as it was cutting our nor I could go faster than 40mph
so doing around 20-30 I've managed to get back home

My local garage replaced fuel filter but it was still cutting out when they took
it for a test drive. It was even cutting out when idle :-(

No fault code came up on their scanner, they recommend visit to Chrysler

I have put fuel cleaner additive recommended by Halfords and put half a tank
of BP premium diesel

However that didn’t improve anything. Engine was still cutting out

Few days later car started to drive ok without cutting out while normal driving
or fast accelerating. My car was full of life again :-)

After thinking what has changed since last time it cut out I've concluded that
apart of new fuel filter (I assume garaged changed it but they couldn’t show me old one
as they said they had thrown it to oil bin, very convenient)
the only other thing has changed was that weather has improved
I mean it got warmer around 5-10 degrees

It looks like that engine cuts out only on cold days near 0 degree or below
We had few random days like this in December in UK where I had to use de-icer on the windows
around the car

Putting it all together it could be dodgy fuel (with water) which was freezing in fuel lines
or in fuel sump in the tank with bit dirty fuel filter

So during nice warmish days 5+ degrees everything seem to be ok and engine was running ok
but as soon as temp dropped to 0 and less engine started cutting out

I was driving around to use all fuel and once I got it down to last 40 miles of fuel
I went to another garage and had them fuel filter replaced (week after it was replaced by 1st garage)

I've asked them to let me watch them doing it to be sure that filter actually have been replaced
Once they have drained diesel we couldn’t notice any water or major sludge or dirt on the filter

However filter itself is blackish comparing with new one so it either has not been replaced by 1st garaged or it changed colour due to reaction with fuel

I have put again full tank of BP premium diesel and added shot of Grotomar 82 (improved version of 71)
I will get fuel filter changed again after whole tank is gone and check filter to see its condition
and to see if there are traces of bacteria or sludge etc

So far I've done around 150 miles and engine did not cut out
It feels ok while driving however temp never dropped below 5 degrees so not sure if problem has been fixed

I will send an update if anything changes

Thank you for all for sharing your experience with Chrysler
Cheers
shaun

Old 01-05-2012, 08:21 AM

I hope your trouble stays away. From your description it seems that at a given time you could reproduce the problem by pushing down the accelerator pedal, but now the problem has gone away or has become intermittent.

In my mind this rules out a wiring fault as a cause and to a lesser extent fuel starvation as a cause (although air bubbeles in the fuel can contribute to common rail pressure problems).

This leaves faulty injectors or the MPROP valve gone bad as the most likely causes. However this should show up at a scan that the chrysler dealer can do.

Keep posting!

Last edited by Jacob25crd; 01-08-2012 at 04:59 AM.
Old 01-07-2012, 04:56 PM
Default another p1130 problem on 03 voyager

Originally Posted by Merlin
Hi
you will need to run all the checks listed here, It's a £350 so not a good guess at job. Bosch should do a replacement as it is a bosch pump.
i have the same problem but i am told its the sensor on the comm rail pump when im driving the car just cuts off as its slowing down then the engine stops i dont know wat im going to do i just put a new injecter into the voyager......

Old 02-08-2012, 09:27 AM

Hi Guys
Quick update re my Chrysler cutting out
Since filter has been replaced and new fuel put Ive done about 1000 miles in various weather conditions including driving in subzero (-5 precisly)
So far car is working fine, starts ok, doesnt smoke (couple of puffs of white/blue smoke when starts from very cold but 2s later smoke is gone)
I will be replacing fuel filter shortly to see state of it and let you know if it looks same like previous one
Still got P1130 when I jiggle ignition
I have recorded it on my phone 4m20s of P1130 with done at the end
So every time engine didnt get fuel it recored fault

Now I need someone who could clear my codes so I can watch it if they reappear

Is there a way I can clear fault codes myself?
or is anyone here able to clear fault codes ?
Cheers
shaun

Old 06-21-2012, 05:10 AM

Voyager 2.8 CRD auto '05.
I have the same problem! P1130 and cutting out during acceleration.
Changed fuel filter and support, cleaned tank, checked all fuel lines but it cuts again.
What have i to change? ...the solenoid? The rail pressure sensor? the pump? I read that many people have the same problem, but i can find a common solution.
Please help me to not burn a lot of money!

P.s.: i installed an electrical lift pump to, but no change....

Old 06-22-2012, 07:34 AM
Default P1130 problem

Hello Joker,

I had the same problem with my Jeep Liberty 02, 2.5CRD. Try to change camshaft/crankshaft sensor. Also check wires to the sensor for the rust. I finally changed the sensor and rusty wire and no problem since than (more than a year).

David

Old 06-22-2012, 10:53 AM

Hello Paco,

Did you solved changing camshaft/crankshaft sensor?
I can't understand the relationship between the P1130 code (fuel pressure) and the sensor the you changed...

Old 06-25-2012, 02:28 AM
Default P1130

Hi there,

yes, surprisingly yes and it is working over year with no problem. I didn't understand the connection between this code from ECU and the sensor too, but it is working. I thing there might be some connection in the ECU so it cut the fuel delivery and maybe this is the reason why it says P1130.

But first, before you change the sensor, try to check wires. It can be, that there is some rust or cut on the wire and the sensor is OK. It is quite hard work on my Jeep but since than I have no problem and this code didn't appear again.

I did all the things what is written above (changing filter, cleaning gas tank etc.) and it helped only for a few miles.

Only what my engine did: Engine stopped even it was cold or hot, even under acceleration or in free running, in cold as in hot weather. I was solving it for 3 month and only this helped.

Have a luck!

David

Old 10-17-2012, 02:42 AM
Default More P1130 experience and a good result!

UK Grand Voyager 06 model with 2.8 CRD engine with auto box. The problem was refusing to start, eventually having called out the AA twice in a day when my wife was on call it went to the Chrysler dealer, who did a diagnostic run and came up with fuel rail leak off, (New fuel pump 6 months earlier) which required a new fuel rail as Chrysler only supplied the whole rail! Quote was £1800 for parts plus labour!

Could not accept this so after discussion with Kent diesels in Maidstone I took it in for a second opinion. Same diagnosis, a definite leak through the valve which was available from Bosch and duly replaced. Cost £300....They told me they also supply such valves to other ex Chrysler garages who specialize in such.

Now - no problems! Starts first time and runs well. It did cost some running about but saved over £1700.

Old 10-18-2012, 03:30 AM

I changed that valve (fuel pressure relief valve) because mine was leaking too.
Brand new Bosch at 130 €, plus 10 min of work...