Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

grand voyager 3.3 2001 ltd immobiliser !

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 11:49 AM
Cool grand voyager 3.3 2001 ltd immobiliser !

I love my voyager!we developed a miss fire, cyl 4injector improbible signal.i found the injector wiring harness insulation degraded and shorting out,I repaired the wiring but found no signal from ECU to no 4 injector,New ECU required and programed ,so I took the voyager to my local chrysler agent they fitted the ECU and programed to immobiliser.I collected the voyager 4 miles up the road the engine cut 50 mph and 1700rpm i pulled over these figures remained on display untill i turned off ignition it started up and i carried on,two days later cut out at 30mph poped gear into n restarted poped back into d and carried on next day cut out 10mph.took back to chrysler,no fault found they suggest wiring fault.went on internet most pos faults listed pointed to heater /dash/immobiliser/ecu harness multi plugs.I have taken the voyager apart every multi plug looks good i have had the engine running for two hours while i have wrigled every part of the wiring loome inside and out no faults take it out and it will break down.immobiliser light will come on sometimes it will restart, or not untill the next day.in breakdown mode turn of radio and heater turn on ign and then to start pos engine will not turn over immobiliser light on then the heater turns itself back on.
has anyone experienced a fault like this or have i to fall out with my voyager, any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

Old 06-07-2009, 01:19 PM

Hi
The immobilizer will not make it cut out at speed so unlikely you have an immobilizer problem. Was it a second hand PCM? 2001 (so newer shape?) doesn't suffer from dash or heater plug faults that's up to 2000.

Old 06-07-2009, 02:51 PM

Hi Merlin
Thanks for input,yes my voyager is the later shape right on the year change.a reconditioned Mopar ECU was fitted by chrysler agents in swindon.when all o/k ign on self check puts lights out inc immobiliser when it breaks down ign on engine man light and immobiliser light stay will not turn over.its as thou something is overheating in iether ECU or somewhere else where the power comes from for engine management .thing is there is no fault codes stored.

Old 06-07-2009, 04:57 PM

Hi
No fault codes in the PCM (engine ECU) but have they check for codes in other ECUs. I would say not. I would suspect you will have fault codes in the SKIM module (Sentry Key and Immobilizer Module) with codes like serial link failure / lost coms with PCM. I suspect you are loosing power to the PCM (i.e it thinks the ignition is being turn off so no codes) If there is no comms with PCM the immobilizer light will stay on and it will not crank.