Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Reverse problem 04 grand Voyager 3.3 ltd XS

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 07:22 AM
Default Reverse problem 04 grand Voyager 3.3 ltd XS

I have had problems with my park assist, it never worked when i got the car ( 3.3 Grand Voyager RHD )
Now i have also noticed my reverse lights do not work either. So i have put two and two together...
I checked the bulbs, and they work fine, i have checked and swapped the relay and that works fine.
I have checked the park/stop fuses and they work fine. Now i'm stuck....

Mine is a 2004 limited XS. I beleive the park assist is factory, but it does not have the park assist module in the left rear quarter, like a 2005 does. So can anyone help me please?

Is there another fuse box? or is there another fuse junction on the way to the back of the car?

Any help would be appreciated...

brad

Old 11-06-2011, 07:43 AM

just done some more digging and found that its probably the gearbox reverse selector switch? is this easy to look at.... i did find this.....

There has to be a switch , They do not work from ESP , its either going to be on the gearbox case or connected with the gearshift lever/mechanism.
If this is automatic transmiision, then it would be the inhibitor switch fitted to the selector mechanism.

any one tel me what im looking for?

Old 11-06-2011, 03:18 PM

Based on a wiring diagram here's the signal path for the reverse lights: TRS/PCM/IPM/BCM/lights. Half of that is over the PCI data bus so a reset may work. Pull the IOD fuse for 2-3 minutes. Still bad? Check continuity through the TRS PRNL switch via the only vertical connector on the front of the transmission, with reverse selected. Should be pin #9 to ground.

TRS = Transmission Range Sensor (in tranny as described)
PCM = Powertrain Control Module (near battery)
IPM = Integrated Power Module (fuse box)
BCM = Body Control Module (inside forward of brake pedal)

Old 11-07-2011, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by Raptor 07
Based on a wiring diagram here's the signal path for the reverse lights: TRS/PCM/IPM/BCM/lights. Half of that is over the PCI data bus so a reset may work. Pull the IOD fuse for 2-3 minutes. Still bad? Check continuity through the TRS PRNL switch via the only vertical connector on the front of the transmission, with reverse selected. Should be pin #9 to ground.

TRS = Transmission Range Sensor (in tranny as described)
PCM = Powertrain Control Module (near battery)
IPM = Integrated Power Module (fuse box)
BCM = Body Control Module (inside forward of brake pedal)
cheers mate, i got both your replies

i have pulled the iod fuse, still the same, can you tell me, or shoe me a pic of where vertical connector is? i mean its just below power steering re...under the battery etc...as its dark in there....

thanks for your help

Old 11-07-2011, 01:21 PM

Deleted

Last edited by Raptor 07; 11-07-2011 at 01:43 PM.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:25 PM

Go to Google. Type "41TE transmission diagram caravan". It will bring up many pictures and diagrams. There are a couple diagrams showing the TRS connection labeled. It's on the right side front of the tranny. I'm assuming you have the 4 speed 41te tranny.

...or go here: http://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/n...s_sgmldiag.pdf then scroll to page 182. Scroll to page 196 for the TRS connector pinout. Starting on page 91 is the shop procedure for troubleshooting a P0755.

BTW - Happy to see you have the smarts to post on more than one forum. The more eyes on a problem the better.

Last edited by Raptor 07; 11-07-2011 at 02:13 PM.
Old 11-08-2011, 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by Raptor 07
Go to Google. Type "41TE transmission diagram caravan". It will bring up many pictures and diagrams. There are a couple diagrams showing the TRS connection labeled. It's on the right side front of the tranny. I'm assuming you have the 4 speed 41te tranny.

...or go here: http://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/n...s_sgmldiag.pdf then scroll to page 182. Scroll to page 196 for the TRS connector pinout. Starting on page 91 is the shop procedure for troubleshooting a P0755.

BTW - Happy to see you have the smarts to post on more than one forum. The more eyes on a problem the better.

ive been on this one a few years, didnt find the other one till recently...thanks again

Do you know when i look at thte grounds, what im looking at? i just looked in the jack housing and saw nothing...i thought wires screwed to the metal would be there?

Last edited by bradleigh1977; 11-08-2011 at 05:11 AM.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:59 AM

i have found two cables, that come from the front of the car and pass through the jack area...they disapear behind the back left quarter. They are ok, so is the ground i should check, where they terminate at the back of the car? ill have to get that panel off tomorrow and search.

These two cables, could they be, or are they, anything important? i mean most of the wires run along under the carpet to get to the back of the car