Loosing Coolant - Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old 02-05-2018, 07:36 AM

Default Loosing Coolant

Hi, I have a Chrysler Voyager 2.5 CRD Diesel. Daily I need to top up coolant with approximately 3 pints. I cannot see any visible leaks. No coolant on the garage floor. The temperature gauge mostly is around the middle and occasionally goes up to the 3/4 mark. The radiator fan does not seem to switch on. The fuse / relay for the radiator fan seems fine. The oil does not look murky. What could the issue be?
Old 02-06-2018, 04:12 PM

Bleed the coolant system properly. Get the air out of the top hose/metal pipe. And check Auxiliary heater for coolant at exhaust flexi.
Old 02-11-2018, 08:37 AM

The temp gauge in a CRD never goes up to 3/4 this time of the year , Max 1/2 wich is normal in summer time , in winter time it might be a little lower. "measure needle wide"

How about the coolant pipe to aux heater , Thay can be very rusty and a small leak could just evaporate weil driving .
Old 02-11-2018, 09:10 AM

A piece of this gives a temp fix and will move (1) the temp gauge from 1/4 to 1/2 and will shorten by 50% the driving time needed to reach that 1/2 on the gauge [can be dismantled in milliseconds] buy new stuff next winter or pop it in the boot if your middle name is Ebenezer - get the correct diameter size, you will need x3 pieces for a fully covered dam !
Old 02-13-2018, 07:32 AM

Hi guys.
I had this problem for about 18 months I disconected the Aux heater and I've had no trouble since. But I will say it was a bit of a pig to blead the system.