Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

lost for ideas on fault please help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by finnennis
time to throw in the towel, ive had enough of it now, im just going to see if i can scrape £1500.0 for it on ebay to see if someone wants to have a go at fixing it, the same low mileage as mine 80,000 are going from between 2900 and 3495,

so thanks for all your help guys, but i wouldnt touch Chrysler again!

I have sent you a PM, but just in case you don't see it. If yours is a Grand Voyager and if you are close to the Surrey area I may be interested. Mine is the standard Voyager and I need more boot space.

Old 03-12-2009, 04:42 PM

Well, sounds like you got a duff garage.

First issue is to get the starting problem sorted, I would recomend using a well recomended auto electrician, as it sounds like you have an earth fauly on the starting system, and possibly some other problems (mechanical).

As for the leak, nothing stopping you getting out with the torch, look in through the engine bay to where the oil is dripping from, and trace it from there. But it sounds like you got to get the starting issue sorted before you can go elsewhere.

A main dealer may be expensive, but it should get sorted fast.

Old 04-22-2009, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by finnennis
Even the garage is confused over what to do next and im just fed up and sorry I ever bought the bloomin thing
I have replaced the starter plugs, replaced the starter motor, replaced the battery, but I still have the ongoing fault where I can drive it for a day or two, use it come back out 10 mins later and it will just not turn over, but each time as soon as it has had the jump leads on it starts straight away, and will continue to go for another few days, until again stopping and needing to be jumped.
The gear box is also really stiff on it and since the fault above has been making a shuddering and the engine sounds like its ragging its nuts out and then stalls.I have had this removed recently as there was also an oil leak (which is still leaking but im told there must be a pocket of oil somewhere because they have fixed the leak and it will eventually run out)
Any ideas would be most gratefully appreciated
hi there ,dont no if ur probs sorted yet but if not i had exact same electrical prob with my 2002 gv 2.5crd.finally resulted in alternator shot thru,doesnt always trigger warning light,waits for engine management to pick it up. new alternator no probs for 3 months.2nd hand 1 with 65k on it cost £95 from charltons in cambridge or new 1 for £270 only from dealer