Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Owners opinion of Town & Country

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by Marine1
What kind of mileage does the diesel get over there on these mini vans?
I am in England with a 2.8 diesel 05 reg Grand Voyager. I get an average of 18 to 19 miles per gallon (UK gallon) around town/city with traffic (can drop down to 15 or 16 in the winter when I idle the car on very cold mornings to warm up and demist windows before heading off.

On the motorway/highway I get between 27 to 30 miles per gallon depending on traffic. Best I ever did was 38 miles per gallon, but I was at 55mph on the cruise control on a quiet motorway and often drafting very large hauliers doing my speed. I was at a safe distance where I could easily stop my GV faster than they could stop their eighteen wheelers.

On the original thread of "Owners opinion": I was a very passionate fanatic about cars as an 18 year old aircraft industry apprentice when I bought the first of my Alfa Romeos (Veloce, Alfetta and GTV) in 1979 and constantly performing maintenance jobs (really just polishing everything in sight), inside the cabin and out, in the motor and out over weekends, while driving in the week.

Once I became a family man, turned into a regular driver with regular cars (Nissan, Mazda) with low maintenance, the occasional wash and never a thought about the vehicle other than to turn on the ignition, turn on the radio and drive; until I bought my Chrysler in November 2011.

This car has stirred up my passion for cars to a worse degree than I had as a youth. I sometimes think there might be something wrong with me when I catch myself looking at the car and constantly admiring things on and about it, even standing next to it in winter, after climbing out and locking it, waiting for the auxiliary cabin heater (Wabesto) to turn off with its blowing sound and smells while reminiscing of my days when I worked as an avionics engineer and enjoyed the smells and sounds of aircraft auxiliary power units and the smell of avgas, until I joined this forum and realised I was not crazy, just really passionate about good engineering and a lot of thought that has been put into the creation of this vehicle.

As someone said to me: "Chrysler is not a car, it is a way of life!"

I hope you have many miles of happy motoring with yours. I am off to see my therapist again hehehe.

HH

Old 08-29-2013, 06:51 PM

I bought my used 2012 TC Touring L with 18k in April 13. I have to say that overall I like this vehicle very much. Lots of options which I thought I wouldn't need but now I like a lot such as back up camera, lane departure warning, park assist,etc. Even has the tow package. My biggest gripe so far is some minor quality control problems, misaligned panels, cheap plastic bits. But I love stow and go and is great for my dogs!

Old 08-29-2013, 08:10 PM

My 2010 4.0 TC touring has had no problems since new, up to 26 mpg highway (when flat) about 17 local (hilly). My only annoyance is an occasional bulked hard downshift.
I wish that it had a backup camera and Bluetooth.

Old 08-30-2013, 09:40 AM
Talking

Thanks for all your opinions we decided to get one last night and its awesome, I'll post some pics later but I have a few questions. First, it didn't come with headphones other than factory is there any other people recommend. Secondly, I think it has navi but I dont know to find it in the menus. Thanks for your time. Trevor

Old 09-07-2013, 11:13 AM

I don't think you can beat it for the money and features that you get with it. I have used Stow & Go many times hauling stuff for my kids. I found out I can stow the seats and get more stuff in it than I could get in my old pick up truck, as I could stack the little stuff higher and not worry about it blowing away. I know I'll have this minivan a long time, as I kept my old one for 8 years and this is much nicer.