Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

P1130 fault code - slow/sluggish

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 07:42 AM
Default P1130 fault code - slow/sluggish

Hello,

I have a 2003 grand voyager 2.5d, The old key turning test is giving me a P1130 code..... A couple of weeks back my car felt very sluggish one cold morning and proceeded to cut out on a busy road when going up into 3rd gear. I plodded home and any further attempts to start it took a while, it would tick over and eventually take and start up, giving off a fair amount of white smoke from the exhaust.

A local garage run some diagnostic tests and found I had a problem with a seriously worn out fuel filter, leaking fuel injector and possible bad fuel pump. Going cheapest first I had the fuel filter replaced, and the car drives and starts ok, but just feels like it doesn't want to work overtime if you know what I mean, like it's not performing to its full potential.

A week before the car first cut out, I filled up with diesel at a lesser know named garage, and for some reason, the pump just wouldn't give me anything, I spent about 10 minutes at the pump and had only put in about £10 worth of diesel. I always normally fill up with the pump at an angle and never had problem but this day it just didn't happen, and since then it would take a bit more to start the engine in the mornings, until the day it cut out on me.

I apologise now as I know nothing about cars so no idea what id be looking for. First off, anyone ever heard of these symptoms, and what a likely cause could be?
The garage who replaced the fuel filter had quoted me high prices in replacing the fuel injector and pump, so want some opinions if possible. Will try and answer anything as best I can given my limited knowledge.

Thanks in advance.

Neil

Old 02-06-2015, 07:45 AM

Have just seen a similar-ish post from speedysp from a few days ago so sorry if this seems like a wasted post.

Old 02-06-2015, 10:58 AM
tfb

The 2.5 doesn't suffer the way a 2.8 does with leaky filters. Having said that the fuel filter is a serviceable item and does need changing. Refurbished injectors can be obtained for about £120 each and fitting can either be a 5 minute job or a total nightmare if one or more is stuck.

The best option would be to replace all 4 injectors, but that's not cheap. Just get one refurbed injector first and get the leaking one replaced and see how it goes.

I'd recommend Bosch Injectors in the Midlands : Swadlincote Diesel F.I.S. Co Ltd as a source for the replacement injectors

Regards
Richard

Old 02-06-2015, 01:22 PM

As for the petrol pump fillup, yes I get same problem on filling. It seems to be something to do with the nozzel length as some filling stations are ok..